Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What the Tories have overseen in power is starting to look borderline criminal. Complete neglect of every public service you can imagine, Brexit, complete contempt for anything north of Watford. It's just mad.

I know Labour are far from perfect but this is just becoming a sick joke.

I'm seriously considering leaving.

Makes me more determined not to come back for a long time.

I was planning on 2024 but that isn't happening now.

What the Tories have overseen in power is starting to look borderline criminal. Complete neglect of every public service you can imagine, Brexit, complete contempt for anything north of Watford. It's just mad.

I know Labour are far from perfect but this is just becoming a sick joke.

I'm seriously considering leaving.

Possibly treason? Deliberately destroying a country for their, or their backers, own ends must be considered an act of treason.

PaulB

Interview questions for Truss's cabinet jobs:
"You're walking through a desert, you see the NHS on it's back. It will die unless you flip it around"
"An NHS what's that?"
"It's a kind of creature that cares for people"
"I don't know what an NHS is, I can't answer the question"
"OK let's try another one. A little boy shows you a wall covered in hearts representing those who died in a pandemic, how does that make you feel?"
"What do you mean? It's just some graffiti on a wall"
"Welcome to the cabinet"

Ian H

Guru
Possibly treason? Deliberately destroying a country for their, or their backers, own ends must be considered an act of treason.

By definition it's not treason if the party concerned runs the country & controls the judiciary. See Hungary, Turkey, etc., for example.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Great isn't it.
It's like watching sports highlights where you watch the 15mins of interesting stuff and miss all the boring bits in-between....

Keeper of the keys is back….he doesnt say anything else, unless its about having me on ignore.

Fat old Prick.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Great isn't it?
It's like watching sports highlights where you watch the 15mins of interesting stuff and miss all the boring bits in-between....

Depends on the highlights. I watched Killie's earlier. Absolutely shocking. We need a left back, a creative midfielder and a left back at the very least. Injuries and a tough start to the season aren't helping, but we have, in our owner's words "the biggest playing budget ever", and an experienced manager who is nevertheless persisting with weird tactics and bizarre substitutions.

Depends on the highlights. I watched Killie's earlier. Absolutely shocking. We need a left back, a creative midfielder and a left back at the very least. Injuries and a tough start to the season aren't helping, but we have, in our owner's words "the biggest playing budget ever", and an experienced manager who is nevertheless persisting with weird tactics and bizarre substitutions.

I'm happy with what Jim Goodwin's doing at Aberdeen. Decent win yesterday but a whole new team and they seem to be working really well, with a few minor exceptions as you'd expect for a whole new first team.

Not qualifying for Europe for the first time in a decade, appears to have given Aberdeen the chance to get things together properly.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm happy with what Jim Goodwin's doing at Aberdeen. Decent win yesterday but a whole new team and they seem to be working really well, with a few minor exceptions as you'd expect for a whole new first team.

Not qualifying for Europe for the first time in a decade, appears to have given Aberdeen the chance to get things together properly.

Good player Goodwin. He always seemed to have a blinder against us.

Old Firm aside, that's just the nature of Scottish football I think. Total clear out at the end of each season. Less so for the city clubs, but it's certainly the case for peasants like us.

Good player Goodwin. He always seemed to have a blinder against us.

Old Firm aside, that's just the nature of Scottish football I think. Total clear out at the end of each season. Less so for the city clubs, but it's certainly the case for peasants like us.

We needed a clear out after last season, utter disaster. Finished 10th, the lowest in a very very long time. Goodwin wasted no time in wielding the axe and it's good to see us actually buying players, rather than getting them on frees/loan.

Once the team gels (remember, we have 9 new first team players), we'll be looking really good for the rest of the season.

Top Bottom