Is this and the old naca

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Perhaps he ought to come to Wales to work. His help would be invaluable to some.

Do the Chinese struggle to speak English any more than we struggle to understand the Chinese language(s)?

Oh look rusty tack is back…

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oh look rusty tack is back…

I hate people who mess about with other's usernames. You would never catch me doing that. :whistle:

Perhaps he ought to come to Wales to work. His help would be invaluable to some.

Do the Chinese struggle to speak English any more than we struggle to understand the Chinese language(s)?

Not really as English is everywhere so spoken English tends to be quite good, especially with the younger generation.

Writing is an issue as it's a competely different alphabet/script.

Poacher

Regular
You have no evidence then.

(And by evidence I mean something more substantial than you saw someone else claim this in another forum but that post’s since been deleted.)

I think Paley could handle anything thrown at him but even assuming he no longer enjoyed NACA, why would that stop him posting in the other place?

IIRC in the same thread somebody suggested he wasn't in the best of health, so I do hope he's OK.

He shared some personal info with me in a PM the last time he disappeared and I’d enquired after his health. I hope he’s ok too. 👍

You'd think if PR had felt pushed or goaded into leaving, then his last post here wouldn't have been a calm & perfectly reasonable observation in the Prince Andrew thread.

Hope he's OK.
For anyone concerned about Pale Rider's sudden and lamented absence from this and the mothersite, he appears to alive and, well, muttering to himself and inserting random links to this forum and slagging off posters in his inimitable old style, in a thread he has all to himself on notanothercyclingforum.net.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Glad to hear his absence isn't illness related. It's difficult building traffic for a niche hobby forum from scratch so good luck to him with that.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a lengthy discussion on Paley and his new forum though. Most people in here always sounded like they would be glad to see the back of him. He's gone now so let's leave him to enjoy his new endeavour rather than commenting on it or rehashing his days gone by on here.

For anyone concerned about Pale Rider's sudden and lamented absence from this and the mothersite, he appears to alive and, well, muttering to himself and inserting random links to this forum and slagging off posters in his inimitable old style, in a thread he has all to himself on notanothercyclingforum.net.

That's not the same guy. On one page they say "No relation" and another "I believe CC's Pale Rider voted Brexit, unlike Ed but like me."

Edit: And "Am I behind the times or what? It looks like my co-namesake left months ago."

Last edited:

Mugshot

Über Member
That's not the same guy. On one page they say "No relation" and another "I believe CC's Pale Rider voted Brexit, unlike Ed but like me."

Correct, as I said above, that ain't PR.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

How very peculiar, although it seems that poster claims to be a banned former CC member but not the CC PR. I'm not sure if I've got the time or inclination to try and figure it all out.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
He does seem to quoting a lot of you guys posts………..maybe it is him and he does feel he was bullied out of this and the other place, who knows for sure.

Mugshot

Über Member
He does seem to quoting a lot of you guys posts………..maybe it is him and he does feel he was bullied out of this and the other place, who knows for sure.

I think if you read what @LCpl Boiled Egg said above about them saying they’re not CC PR, about stealing other peoples user names, and look at the posting style it’s pretty clear. PR has never posted links like that, gifs, pictures etc, if you have a look through the thread the author has posted a picture of themselves, and it ain’t PR. If you put it all together, I’d say everybody would know for sure.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I don't think that's PR.
I think it's anothersam

It's an Occam's Razor thing. Either the joy vampire that was CC's Pale Rider has suddenly transformed himself into a deft, playful, and reflective intertextualist - or the husk of PR has been involuntarily enlisted as a device in a bit of labyrinthine forum metadiscourse. Which is undeniably pleasing.

Top Bottom