How long have we got?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
That was never going to last well.

What do you expect from a tory…..they stab each other in the back live on tv

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Did you look in the mirror when you typed that, because ive never been complicit in mysogony towards other members….so as for being a massive cock, it takes one to know one.

and if i feel the comments made by andyrm are racist, i have every right to call him out on it, whether you two faced cocks like it or not…..the same as every remainer is happy to call brexiteers thick and racist and never wind anyones knecks in over it.

:laugh: jowwy - starting fights in empty rooms since c. 1985

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I think the minute scrutiny over grammar is a bit petty and completely inconsistent as Adamcorbyn is one of the worst yet no one seems to give him any grief but there you go.

The simple answer to this is it's twattish behaviour to pull people up over grammatical errors or oversights, unless they are a) trying to pull the same trick on others, when it becomes funny to turn it back on them or b) they are already indulging in word-salad forum warfare, in the style of 'Dutch' boy, in which case the conventions of polite exchange no longer apply.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
In thinking about how the forum is faring I thought it might be informative to see what the posting rate was like. As I've said, I do enjoy the smaller membership and slower pace of this place, it provides time to think about the points people are making and to consider one's responses properly. The other place got a bit frantic for me and there seemed a bit of a scramble to respond to posts, if you didn't get in straight away then the thread would move on and you'd miss your chance. I think that led to some of the problems we saw, there was less thinking time so people responded in haste, myself included. Post in haste, edit at leisure if you will, but here we don't have a leisurely edit function which I think is also a good step, although I'm a bugger for immediate edits as I always seem to think of an additional point or a different phrasing right after I've hit the post reply button.

Anyway, using myself as an example I've been here since pretty much the beginning and I'm one of the more prolific posters so I guess I'm a useful yardstick. 1162 posts over the course of ten months. Obviously my input waxes and wanes but that's an average of about 116 posts a month, so roughly 25 - 30 posts a week give or take. I like that, it seems a nice pace for the conversation. Hopefully helping to move things forward but not rushing too much.

Maybe it's already time. The rowing has certainly outweighed the sensible debate for the last few days. There's very little going on here at the moment that would make anyone new want to join or contribute. There are what, 8 or 10 regular posters? What's the purpose of this forum? It's lost it's way this week.

Because of 1 new poster whose content and behaviour should be ignored. It's very simple.

Mugshot

Über Member
In thinking about how the forum is faring I thought it might be informative to see what the posting rate was like. As I've said, I do enjoy the smaller membership and slower pace of this place, it provides time to think about the points people are making and to consider one's responses properly. The other place got a bit frantic for me and there seemed a bit of a scramble to respond to posts, if you didn't get in straight away then the thread would move on and you'd miss your chance. I think that led to some of the problems we saw, there was less thinking time so people responded in haste, myself included. Post in haste, edit at leisure if you will, but here we don't have a leisurely edit function which I think is also a good step, although I'm a bugger for immediate edits as I always seem to think of an additional point or a different phrasing right after I've hit the post reply button.

Anyway, using myself as an example I've been here since pretty much the beginning and I'm one of the more prolific posters so I guess I'm a useful yardstick. 1162 posts over the course of ten months. Obviously my input waxes and wanes but that's an average of about 116 posts a month, so roughly 25 - 30 posts a week give or take. I like that, it seems a nice pace for the conversation. Hopefully helping to move things forward but not rushing too much.

It’s not so bad is it?
I’d welcome some additional views, but it’s far from the echo chamber it’s portrayed as. It is left leaning generally, but I have to say that I think it’s reasonable to ask for evidence of claims, unfortunately this is often described as hostile behaviour, as it was over the other side, which usually led to not only cleaning up the thread itself but also other other threads that people had started to moan about NACA.

Anyway, we’re ok, all are welcome,just don’t expect to not be challenged, and theres no favouritism with that.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Its so easy to blame 1 poster for all the issues……..

i like the rosey uplands some of you live, were perfect little angels roam the streets and you dont say boo to a goose. Ive been on here what 8 days…….and you lot want to believe that this place wasmt a hostile environment before i came along. I mewn what a joke that is, its so hostile in here even theresa may wouldnt enter the place.

some on here need to have a long hard look at themselves and see what they created since the inception of this new naca and can they honestly look at the themselves in the mirror and say they havent cause a single issue??? Im guessing none of you can.

i said to a poster earlier, its so easy to look at the bad student, but not so easy to see why the bad guy is the way he is….is it because of the name calling by others, is it cause hes a brexiteer and hes fed up of being classed as thick and rascist by all but a few, or the slanderous accusstions of homophobic slurs towards other members…..or posison dripping via dms, or back stabbing towards the mods.

but whatever it is, it aint this member thats caused the current or past environment of the old naca….its the people that wanted this place unmoderated and only for one reason…..so they cant be held accountable for what they say and they can carry on posting without retribution for their actions.

at least i accept my flaws, maybe you should all accept yours.

Have a good eveining all and sincerely hope none of you die in the heatwave hitting the UK in the next few days. Peace out.

ps - any spelling or grammar mistakes, take it up with cookiemonster

Last edited:

slowmotion

To keep themselves free of fleas, they will carry a ball of sheeps' wool in their mouths when they swim in rivers, holding the ball out of the water. The fleas, to prevent themselves from drowning, will migrate towards the ball of wool. The fox releases the wool and the fleas float downstream.

Cast:
Cunning Fox: Shaun
Ball of wool: NACA
Fleas: You lot

Top Bottom