Enhanced Britishness

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the snail

But I don't think, nor do I believe you think that joking about memory loss, or heart attacks is on anything like the same level, as making what are clearly offensive remarks about sexual assault .

I suppose that might depend on whether you have family members with dementia, or heart disease?

Try, just for once, to post on topic.

Go on, I dare you.

You don't do irony do you?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I know you were.

But I don't think, nor do I believe you think that joking about memory loss, or heart attacks is on anything like the same level, as making what are clearly offensive remarks about sexual assault .

It's not just me, who finds it offensive, is it.??

And then doubling down on same, even when many people have stated how offensive they find it.

I would even be particularly sensitive about memory loss or heart attacks if we were discussing them in a general context, where someone was personally talking about the issue rather than with one particular individual.

It's context isn't it.??

I think you get all this anyway, but for some reason want to paint me as either humourless.

Which seems quixotic, the number of times you've laughed at my jokes

Or suggest that other people who are being picked up on their clearly offensive language, are being victimised .

This is not the case either .

Seems a bit pointless to ask, since you have failed to quote any of my posts where I supported violence etc, but, just for forms sake, would you care to indicate a post where I said you were humourless?, or indeed, made any personal remark about you? I make every effort to play the ball not the man/woman.

Do you have a problem with me laughing at your jokes (well, at least, those I find funny) ?

Not aware I have claimed anyone is being victimised? I certainly did not say Paley (or anyone else) was being victimised for their offensive language, I, perhaps mistakenly, thought it was his/their views/opinions we were disagreeing with, and, perhaps, even, finding offensive.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
I suppose that might depend on whether you have family members with dementia, or heart disease?

I do have , have had, family members with both those conditions, cancer too

In fact I have an extremely small number of blood relatives left (one in total - not including the ones I've made myself) due to depredations of same.

And in certain circumstances I wouldn't joke about it, if we were having a serious discussion about them.

At other times if someone something like say

"Oh I nearly had a heart attack cycling up this hill"

I wouldn't get in a tizzy about it.

Again it's context isn't it.??

None of the above compares to disrespectful language around the horrendous rape and murder of a woman does it.??

Archie_tect

Can we all agree to forget about having discussing memory loss?... [:angel:]
...there's been a fair shift away from 'Enhanced Britishness'!

Pale Rider

Veteran
Paley doesn't do light hearted.

I've posted plenty of quips, it's just the humourless on here get all uptight about them.

You don't do irony do you?

Another stupid comment.

With a distinct lack of irony, have you got anything to say on any topic?

None of the above compares to disrespectful language around the horrendous rape and murder of a woman does it.??

Who has made any of those?

No one, of course, it's all in your fevered imagination.

FishFright

This is how debates generally go IRL , unlike on the home site where a bored mod gets a bee in their cute little bonnets and rips the thread apart. Possibly for the thrill of exercising power maybe?

Ooh do you think think we could get away with fish puns? .... Don't tell him pike.

Dolorous Edd

I was about to ask how this subject has anything to do with the title? I have been quite busy so I may’ve missed something.

Titles don't define the content of a thread. They are simply a convenient starting point from which posters can segue to ad hominem attacks.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Ok, back to enhanced Britishness - when you've run out of ideas, stick a flag on it (or 2 flags, if you count the shiny silver bit).

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Top Bottom