Benefits Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Of course he is, I doubt he's ever done a hard day's work in his life.
Sadly unlike you, I never had the opportunity to work down t'pit for 26 hours a day or in t'mill from dusk til dawn and dawn til dusk.

I have done fruit picking and car valeting - does that count?

Sadly being raised in a middle class family my auntie recommended that I learn to type and do secretarial work as it paid a lot more than manual labour.

I just haven't lived.

multitool

Shaman
Of course he is, I doubt he's ever done a hard day's work in his life.

Ah...the good old notion that anything other than manual labour is not "hard work".

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Are you by chance a bean counter? ;)

If you say so.

My opinion is not limited to the current Government (which I did not vote for), so, the present Governments supposed agenda does not figure hugely in me forming my opinion on this subject.

I'm shocked. :ohmy: You've never told us before that you didn't vote for this government.

I am still trying to figure out what your opinion on the government's approach is, other than the innocuous all fraud is bad.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I'm shocked. :ohmy: You've never told us before that you didn't vote for this government.

I am still trying to figure out what your opinion on the government's approach is, other than the innocuous all fraud is bad?

Happy to oblige, keeping you amused in your retirement

Pale Rider

Veteran
You might think differently if you knew someone who had become addicted to drugs or alcohol.

I wouldn't, drug fuelled acquisitive crime, like charity, begins at home, then widens its orbit to close to home.

Oh, and as a journalist I've known any number of alcoholics, and a couple I can immediately think of who died from the drink

I suspect your charitable view is informed by living in a relatively affluent low crime area.

You'd think differently if your daughters were swerving druggies shooting up and tripping over needles on their way home from school.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
So you're a journalist?

multitool

Shaman
Why not answer "Yes" and say which paper you work for?

Surely it's responses like this that are behind your epithet "Twatospheric Arsëhole"?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Why not answer "Yes" and say which paper you work for?

Why should I?

I have no need to prove my bona fides to anyone, same as you don't.

The chimp, unlike you, only ever posts snidey one liners designed to cause bother, so in that respect he is the best example we have on here of someone trolling the forum.

I'm disappointed that you want encourage that activity.

multitool

Shaman
Why should I?

I have no need to prove my bona fides to anyone, same as you don't.

The chimp, unlike you, only ever posts snidey one liners designed to cause bother, so in that respect he is the best example we have on here of someone trolling the forum.

I'm disappointed that you want encourage that activity.

Well, you say that, but he once said something 15 years ago that made me laugh for a week.

As far as bona fides, to be fair you are claiming a level of expertise on the basis of your occupation. I am not.

Top Bottom