Another runners and riders thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
newfhouse

newfhouse

pleb
on the assumption we are not going to get a GE anytime soon

I'd prefer to ignore that assumption. As for which horse, its dysentery or cholera again, isn't it?

C R

Über Member
Apparently Mordaunt told de Pfeffel that she will not stand aside for his benefit, and that in any case her supporters would go to Sunak if she did stand aside.

Given that loons in chief Baker, Braverman, Badenoch and Frost have declared for Sunak, it is starting to look like a one horse race. Whether that horse will turn out to be cholera or dysentery is something that's out of our hands.

StuAff

Apparently Mordaunt told de Pfeffel that she will not stand aside for his benefit, and that in any case her supporters would go to Sunak if she did stand aside.

Given that loons in chief Baker, Braverman, Badenoch and Frost have declared for Sunak, it is starting to look like a one horse race. Whether that horse will turn out to be cholera or dysentery is something that's out of our hands.

Cholera or dysentery? Both, surely…

Beebo

Veteran
Johnson has pulled out!

We were Still getting MPs popping up to catagorically confirm Johnson has 100 nominations. Which was clearly balls.

Reactions: C R

C R

Über Member
de Pfeffel is officially out. Given the numbers I guess Sunak will be annointed tomorrow.

TMN to @Beebo and @Fab Foodie

I guess there's a marginal chance that Mordaunt gets100 endorsements, and goes to the membership hoping for a repeat of the Truss effect.

Last edited:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I guess there's a marginal chance that Mordaunt gets100 endorsements, and goes to the membership hoping for a repeat of the Truss effect.

You mean Sunak must wait another 46 days?

On a slightly more serious note I am relieved Johnson will not be getting his hands on the leavers of power. But to say this is because the Tory party is not united surely applies to all the candidates. Aren't they trying to elect the least divisive?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom