Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
But guns cannot be allowed to be used by the public,
They aren't, you are not allowed to just start shooting in the street. That is already banned, and as that is your answer to the problem I really can't understand how these events happen can you? Unless of course banning isn't the answer?
In which universe can assault rifles be used for recreational purposes?
In a country with a very different relationship to gun ownership than the UK. So probably changing that relationship is a good idea isn't it?
So, to get back on track, how would you change the USA's relationship with guns? Please show your working.
Right, so you advocate ban, but flatly refuse to tell us how you would implement it, then ask me to show my working out. However, unlike you, I am happy to say I don't know exactly how that happens. It can't happen immediately, education, time, law changes, all sorts has to come together.

In your student world though you just say 'Ban them' with no idea what comes next at all.

They aren't, you are not allowed to just start shooting in the street. That is already banned, and as that is your answer to the problem I really can't understand how these events happen can you? Unless of course banning isn't the answer?

In a country with a very different relationship to gun ownership than the UK. So probably changing that relationship is a good idea isn't it?

Right, so you advocate ban, but flatly refuse to tell us how you would implement it, then ask me to show my working out. However, unlike you, I am happy to say I don't know exactly how that happens. It can't happen immediately, education, time, law changes, all sorts has to come together.

In your student world though you just say 'Ban them' with no idea what comes next at all.

A lot of words that say nothing.

How will you change the relationship between the USA and their guns?

I would just ban them outright unless you’re a gun club member, a police officer or in the armed services. The guy who did the shooting, where 21 children died, was able to get 2 assault rifles with no background checks. The kind of rifles that you state are for ‘leisure.’

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Again this is a pointless argument. Handguns are extremely rare in UK. And any ownership is now criminal.
But several people are advocating a ban in the US and that will solve the problem. It clearly won't, if it did we would have no handgun deaths in the UK, however over 40 % of firearm deaths in the UK are from handguns! So, pretty clearly banning things just does not work.
If you want to control US gun crime there needs to be a ban on certain guns.
See above.
There are lots of ways to make gun ownership safer.
Yes, primarily through changing the relationship a population has with guns!

You are also arguing just because it is me. Look at what I am typing and not who is typing it for a moment.

Drink driving has always been banned, but look at what made the difference, it was a whole education, public information, law enforcement medley that made the difference, not just one element.

But several people are advocating a ban in the US and that will solve the problem. It clearly won't, if it did we would have no handgun deaths in the UK, however over 40 % of firearm deaths in the UK are from handguns! So, pretty clearly banning things just does not work.

See above.

Yes, primarily through changing the relationship a population has with guns!

You are also arguing just because it is me. Look at what I am typing and not who is typing it for a moment.

Drink driving has always been banned, but look at what made the difference, it was a whole education, public information, law enforcement medley that made the difference, not just one element.

Tell us then how you would change the relationship? You keep posting this sentence but avoid telling us how?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Tell us then how you would change the relationship?
I said here.......... It will be very complex and difficult and need several approaches.
However, unlike you, I am happy to say I don't know exactly how that happens.

You are clear though, you would ban them outright.....
I would just ban them outright
except if you join a club.... which isn't really an outright ban is it?
unless you’re a gun club member,

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I make that 2 pages of wasteless trollery.
Please just put it on ignore/stop feeding it, so that we can improve the signal to noise ratio around here....

Why don't you fuck off and post somewhere else you cunt?

There must be a Guardian link you need to share with the world saying how you love to hear challenging and disparate views.

Top Bottom