Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The answer is more guns....

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
They can't do anything while they're having to work within the confines of the interpretations of the second amendment. They need constitutional support to rewrite and clarify 2A, which seems unlikely.

winjim

This is the reason I'm not keen on having a written constitution, although the current UK government are changing my mind.

Beebo

Veteran
A total ban on guns is unlikely to happen. The US too far down the rabbit hole to reverse the whole way out.
They could make a start with banning the stupid assault rifles and semi automatic weapons. But even that very basic step appears to be a step too far.
They will never ban handguns or hunting rifles, it’s too ingrained into society.

Looking at the problem through European eyes doesn’t help as to us the whole issue of gun control seems so easy to solve, but it clearly isn’t.

icowden

Legendary Member
Looking at the problem through European eyes doesn’t help as to us the whole issue of gun control seems so easy to solve, but it clearly isn’t.
True but I don't think it's as hard as the Americans make out. The Australians managed it.
The issue in America is that the Gun lobby own the Republicans. So until there is a significant Democrat majority, nothing will change.

matticus

Guru
True but I don't think it's as hard as the Americans make out. The Australians managed it.

Exactly - and their society is about 40 years behind ours. The US should be embarrassed.

I've just had a quick google ... the Wiki page for "Thoughts and Prayers" is quite instructive, as it has a large section on american gun control laws!

"Thoughts and prayers

The phrase "thoughts and prayers" is often used by officials and celebrities in the United States as a condolence after a tragic event, such as a deadly natural disaster or mass shooting.[1] The phrase has received criticism for its repeated usage in the context of gun violence or terrorism,[2][3][4][5][6] with critics claiming "thoughts and prayers" are offered as substitutes for action such as gun control or counter-terrorism.[7] "

matticus

Guru
1653475023166.png

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
25,430 people killed or seriously injured by cars in the UK last year, 42,915 in the US. We need to ban motor vehicles first surely?

Or do you just want to ban things you don't particularly like first?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Handguns have been banned in the UK since 1996. Anyone want to have a guess at the most common firearm type used in killings in the UK is since that point in time?

winjim

25,430 people killed or seriously injured by cars in the UK last year, 42,915 in the US. We need to ban motor vehicles first surely?

If you want to start a thread where you just jump up and down and wave for attention I promise I will look in on it from time to time.

D

Deleted member 49

I usually laugh at your sh1te....but in what way is this relevant ? What is the intended purchase of a car against say a assault rifle.
Give your head a wobble 🙄

Top Bottom