You just have to accept that you've been shafted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

There we go again, the mysterious “certain figure”

As already alluded to, the 'certain figure' will be just a bit more than people moaning about it earn.

I've seen the same old sh*t plenty of times with regards to telecom masts, people protesting against the latest upgrade or tower build and they're all there talking on their mobiles.

I used to ask them how they thought they worked, by 'magic'?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I'd happily pay more tax to help reverse the impoverishment of the public domain that is the Tory raison d'etre, but not to fit out Michelle Mone's yacht or further enrich Rishi Sunak's wife.
It's really not that hard.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
...and that £16 billion in covid business loans lost through Tory government fraud and errors.

But, yeah, have a little snipe about Labour.

When the loans started there were plenty of commentators, and lots of contributors on here, saying that the money was going to save lives, and the Government should not put up so many barriers to being able to claim. So they lowered the barriers and guess what?

Now the same commentators, and the same people on here, are saying that the Government should have been more careful and put in more controls about who could claim :rolleyes:

multitool

Shaman
When the loans started there were plenty of commentators, and lots of contributors on here, saying that the money was going to save lives, and the Government should not put up so many barriers to being able to claim. So they lowered the barriers and guess what?

Now the same commentators, and the same people on here, are saying that the Government should have been more careful and put in more controls about who could claim :rolleyes:

Are they? Who?

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I assume you can remember the contributors here that you refer to?

Or is this another craigism?

matticus

Guru
I found the statement a hilarious summary of this governments approach to capitalism and the free market:

"British households and businesses “need to accept” they are poorer and stop seeking pay increases and pushing prices higher, the Bank of England’s chief economist, Huw Pill, has said."

But surely in the Free Market all these things will sort themselves out? You don't need to tell people what prices to charge - the market will decide!

Surely ... ... ... ?

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom