What Do We Think So Far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Exhibit 734 in favour of moderation: it would stop Johnson fellow-travellers like Adam derailing discussion of Tory corruption.
I disagree. Self restraint seems to be working pretty well so far.

D

Deleted member 49

Exhibit 734 in favour of moderation: it would stop Johnson fellow-travellers like Adam derailing discussion of Tory corruption.
Ah...tough.Derailing ffs 🙄

mjr

Your threshold for offence must be lower than mine. Threads wander sometimes but then come back on track. At least we no longer have tactical offending with the aim of forcing thread closure.
Irritation about the farking up of a decent discussion. Not all come back.

It'll come as no surprise that I feel the tactical offending should have got the offenders banned rather than threads locked.

I disagree. Self restraint seems to be working pretty well so far.
Agreed, constantly surprised how well this is going. There have been a few handbags at Dawn and the odd excursion off-topic but that's quite normal. It's for everyone to occasionally wear a Mod stylee hat and kindly suggest getting a room or starting a new thread.
My main fear is that we'll end-up an echo chamber, we could do with a wider range of inputs debated in a considered way....

I also hate to admit this, but would also strongly advise starving obvious trolls or use the ignore function which certainly cuts down on a lot of background noise....

D

Deleted member 28

Irritation about the farking up of a decent discussion. Not all come back.

It'll come as no surprise that I feel the tactical offending should have got the offenders banned rather than threads locked.
You missing your report button?🤣

D

Deleted member 28

My main fear is that we'll end-up an echo chamber,
Too late for that I'm afraid as anyone who remotely disagrees with the few who come on here either get accused of trolling or get put on ignore so you don't have to 'listen' to their opinions.

Palerider seems to have 'done one ' and adamcorbyn just gets moaned at for his persistent Liberal views so what do you expect?

Oops, forgot you won't read my alternative view will you?

D

Deleted member 28

I also hate to admit this, but would also strongly advise starving obvious trolls or use the ignore function which certainly cuts down on a lot of background noise....
Perfect example, don't want an echo chamber but don't want to hear things you disagree with?

Forgot again, you can't see this!

Rusty Nails

Country Member

swansonj

Regular
I regret that there are not more people of right-wing views prepared to debate issues in an open forum.

I still think it is revealing how many right-wingers weren't willing to continue debating issues once they lost the protection of being able to get threads they found challenging closed by the mods.

I also still think that any group drawn from cyclists is going to be less right-wing than society as a whole (that is a relative statement not an absolute one).

Top Bottom