What Do We Think So Far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Quite a few, generally found in the cafe, used to spend much of their time whining about the dark place and the usual suspects, after coming into the old NaCA, saying something utterly twatish and being told so, or getting banned, for being utterly twatish.
It's very doubtful they'll seek this circus out to make themselves look utterly twatish here too.
There you go then, not many like me mind trading with pricks like you.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
It is disappointing so far.

I had hoped there might actually be some opportunity for actual constructive debate between political viewpoints but sadly not. So far those of a right-leaning perspective seem completely happy to offer absolutely no positives, no justifications, no benefits, and no attempt to suggest any long-term beneficial outcomes to the policies and actions of the UK government they blindly support - just a constant stream of carping, abuse and pearl-clutching in any topic that dares to question their exalted lords and masters. Plus a metric f*ckton of smug sneering, putdowns and vitriol directed at anyone who dares point out the numerous actual and verifiable negative consequences of the actions and 'policies' of the owners of the boots they lick.

See above. :rolleyes:

I can, at least, take a little solace from the fact I'm only here for the lols.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
With reference's to the Government as scum and the hatred of Tory voters being rife amongst the regular posters you expect more to join in the debacle, there's even a post entitled Tory sleaze, you on drugs?
I agree there are too many broad brush comments about Tory "scum", although they are usually limited to politicians and accompanied by examples from current news, but just once or twice it would be good to see posts giving examples of why that is wrong, and what the government are doing right. In the Tory Sleaze thread shouldn't it be possible to counter that with showing how there is no,or little, sleaze, or at least with counter examples of current Labour or other party sleaze.
I come on here cos I couldn't give a $hit and don't mind a bit of 'insult ping pong" but if you genuinely think anyone would come on here and seriously discuss right wing politics with this lot you must be mad!
You have told us frequently why you come on here, and it is nothing to do with adding to the discussion, but more about having a go at "you lot". Not all people with right wing views share your attitude and I can remember a time on the other forum when there were a lot more right wing views from people who were by no means sensitive to a bit of political argument.
How many 'right wingers ' are on the main forum anyway, then for them to purposely seek this circus out is asking a lot.
Quite a lot, but there is probably a reason why they are not involved, either being happy with the government of their choice, or unable/unwilling to defend their position. I have no doubt that, were the Labour Party to get back into power more Tory supporters would come out to criticise them.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
This forum has been running for about three months now and I am disappointed in the way that it has developed. There is frequent criticism that it is left wing dominated, and I actually agree with this. My politics are probably best described as broadly left-leaning and I am disappointed in the forum in several areas :

1. That not enough right leaning people have joined to contriute their point of view to the discussions. I am not someone who criticises conservatives just for being conservative, in fact I am in favour of a broadly mixed economy and a strong private sector, and would welcome more people putting right wing views to counter the mainly left leaning posts, and broaden the discussion.
2. That those very few who do post are not exactly spending much effort in talking about political policies and actions, but instead prefer mainly to talk in general terms about "you lot", "stop whining", "moaning left-wingers" as if they are more interested in general slurs, or are unable to articulate the positives that they see under this government.
3. There is a growing tendency towards insults and put-downs, in both directions, and, to my personal disappointment, I have found myself getting drawn into them, partly as a response and partly out of frustration because there is so little of substance to respond to.
4. Criticism of the government, its institutions, morality, policies and actions is seen as "whining" whereas in fact it is vital for any democracy that people are able, in fact encouraged, to voice both their pleasure and displeasure in the way they are governed, and not just through the ballot box. What we do get in the forum is predominantly dissatisfaction when we need cogent arguments to counter that dissatisfaction.

As far as the forum is concerned, for me the jury is still out.

I like the tone of your post… but….

The majority of the replies (not from you) cannot resist name calling and/or smart arse quips. Abandon hope, all who enter here.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

The majority of the replies (not from you) cannot resist name calling and/or smart arse quips. Abandon hope, all who enter here.
I don't think I go in for name-calling but admit I'm guilty of the latter.

But in the absence of anything identifiable as measured, intelligent debate & exposition from the representatives of the Winning Team - it sometimes genuinely feels like all we've got.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member

The first person to name me is a cackpederast carkfurtler.

matticus

Guru
This is a good NACA exemplar post. If you're new here, this is the sort of thing to crib your posts from.

Start with a flippant remark that COULD indicate a lack of passion, spunk, or readiness for the fight:
I can, at least, take a little solace from the fact I'm only here for the lols.
:sad:

BUT NO! The flippancy is overcome by some good stuff:
So far those of a right-leaning perspective seem completely happy to offer absolutely no positives, no justifications, no benefits, and no attempt to suggest any long-term beneficial outcomes to the policies and actions of the UK government they blindly support - just a constant stream of carping, abuse and pearl-clutching in any topic that dares to question their exalted lords and masters. Plus a metric f*ckton of smug sneering, putdowns and vitriol directed at anyone who dares point out the numerous actual and verifiable negative consequences of the actions and 'policies' of the owners of the boots they lick.
THAT's more like it - get stuck in! :boxing:

matticus

Guru
3. There is a growing tendency towards insults and put-downs, in both directions, and, to my personal disappointment, I have found myself getting drawn into them, partly as a response and partly out of frustration because there is so little of substance to respond to.
Well said.
(but as I may have posted before, it's hardly surprising ... )

matticus

Guru
This might raise a titter here (for various reasons).
I forget how ...simplistic the moderation is over on A Different Forum. Somebody dragged a discussion on green bike maintenance down a totally over-the-top side-alley, so I replied. This resulted in:

Reason given for ban: Because of this post: "You could help us all (and the planet generally) by killing yourself today." which violates forum guidelines

Oops!

Pale Rider

Veteran
I forget how ...simplistic the moderation is over on A Different Forum. Somebody dragged a discussion on green bike maintenance down a totally over-the-top side-alley, so I replied. This resulted in:

Reason given for ban: Because of this post: "You could help us all (and the planet generally) by killing yourself today." which violates forum guidelines

Oops!

Banning stories are always good fun, but I can see why the mods won't allow anyone to tell another member to kill themselves, even if the reference was clearly not serious.

Reactions: mjr

FishFright

Oops!

Imagine wielding that amount of power , it must be addictive /S

Top Bottom