What Do We Think So Far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
So how do you decide who are enemies and who are friends when you don't know any of them (on here for example)?

I know how I feel and think about certain things and no matter how many times someone on the Internet tries to tell me I'm wrong I won't change my view, I'm talking opinion here rather than hard facts obviously.

People who spout on about using discussion to re assess how they see things themselves are talking boll0x.

You've said exactly what I said ages ago yet it's OK for you to live in your 'little bubble ' or your 'little world' because it's probably the same one as most others on here live in.
On this forum? Enemies might be a bit of a strong word. There are some people I think are proper dickheads although not many seem to have made it across to the new politics forum. I tend to just not bother with them, it's usually not because of their politics or whatever, just because I think they're a dickhead. Unless they're being blatantly racist or homophobic or whatever in which case I might call them out on it.

mudsticks

Squire
So how do you decide who are enemies and who are friends when you don't know any of them (on here for example)?

I know how I feel and think about certain things and no matter how many times someone on the Internet tries to tell me I'm wrong I won't change my view, I'm talking opinion here rather than hard facts obviously.

People who spout on about using discussion to re assess how they see things themselves are talking boll0x.

You've said exactly what I said ages ago yet it's OK for you to live in your 'little bubble ' or your 'little world' because it's probably the same one as most others on here live in.

I just don't get where you get the idea that we all live in 'the same bubble'

I'd wager the vast majority of of us have never even met each other.

You keep coming.up with this idea that none of 'us lot' live in 'the real world' but somehow imply that you do ?!?

I'd also be willing to bet that most of us have a very wide range of friends, family, aquaintance and colleagues, from all walks of life.

I know I do. .

The thing that connects us on here though, is wanting to talk about news, and politics with a random bunch of strangers even outside of those people we already know.

To get even more angles, and to investigate further.
People not interested in doing that aren't forced to.join in.

I've found out some really interesting things here, and had my knowledge deepened.
You might think that's boll0x , but that says far more about you, than it does anyone else..

Why would anyone bother, with this place if they weren't learning anything ??.

D

Deleted member 28

I just don't get where you get the idea that we all live in 'the same bubble'

I'd wager the vast majority of of us have never even met each other.

You keep coming.up with this idea that none of 'us lot' live in 'the real world' but somehow imply that you do ?!?

I'd also be willing to bet that most of us have a very wide range of friends, family, aquaintance and colleagues, from all walks of life.

I know I do. .

The thing that connects us on here though, is wanting to talk about news, and politics with a random bunch of strangers even outside of those people we already know.

To get even more angles, and to investigate further.
People not interested in doing that aren't forced to.join in.

I've found out some really interesting things here, and had my knowledge deepened.
You might think that's boll0x , but that says far more about you, than it does anyone else..

Why would anyone bother, with this place if they weren't learning anything ??.
I used the terms bubble and small world because thats what I was accused of living in when I said almost the same thing as Jimbo did about only associating with like minded people.

D

Deleted member 28

Why would anyone bother, with this place if they weren't learning anything.
Not many do, the ones that do dislike any opinions that differ from theirs and some even suggest ignoring those that disagree but then call for more alternative opinions?

FFS!

D

Deleted member 28

Anyway,

Wolves at home later so need to get down the boozer for pre match drinks and some deep meaningful conversation about Brexit and the state of the country.

mudsticks

Squire
I used the terms bubble and small world because thats what I was accused of living in when I said almost the same thing as Jimbo did about only associating with like minded people.
I didn't ask why you used the terms - you've done that from the start - its farly obvious why you do that.

Your theme has usually been 'you lot' or 'you don't live in the real world' when referring to other people on here.

I was asking why you think that we are all 'one sort' of people.

You may only associate with 'one sort' of person - the rest of us not necessarily so much.
Not many do, the ones that do dislike any opinions that differ from theirs and some even suggest ignoring those that disagree but then call for more alternative opinions?

FFS!

I don't think it's a dislike of opinions that are different, it's more when there's a lack of reasoning behind those different 'opinions'

I tend to ignore people if they appear to be being deliberately offensive.

Which you do sometimes.

matticus

Guru
We seem to have reached the usual "Panto Stage" that most NACA threads converge to:
"Ah but YOU'RE more close-minded than me!"
"Ooooh no I'm not!"

repeat ad nauseum ...

D

Deleted member 28

I didn't ask why you used the terms - you've done that from the start - its farly obvious why you do that.

Your theme has usually been 'you lot' or 'you don't live in the real world' when referring to other people on here.

I was asking why you think that we are all 'one sort' of people.

You may only associate with 'one sort' of person - the rest of us not necessarily so much.

I don't think it's a dislike of opinions that are different, it's more when there's a lack of reasoning behind those different 'opinions'

I tend to ignore people if they appear to be being deliberately offensive.

Which you do sometimes.
🥱

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I was about to say that I've just put my first thread on ignore, but looking at my ignore list it's actually the second. Anyway, I'm throwing in the towel on this one, it's like trying to have a sensible conversation with a blancmange.

D

Deleted member 28

I was about to say that I've just put my first thread on ignore, but looking at my ignore list it's actually the second. Anyway, I'm throwing in the towel on this one, it's like trying to have a sensible conversation with a blancmange.
:laugh:

Better than quivering in the house like one.

Top Bottom