Tory MP stabbed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To describe a recently murdered, well respected MP, as scum seems very harsh. But if you are happy doing that, then fine.

I didn’t mention him at all. Again, you’re trolling and you also know who I’m talking about, the treacherous scum in no10.

Stop trolling. It’s getting tiresome now.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I didn’t mention him at all. Again, you’re trolling and you also know who I’m talking about, the treacherous scum in no10.

Stop trolling. It’s getting tiresome now.
It's not trolling, you called the government scum, he was part of the government.

You are getting boring with 'trolling' now. I am just disagreeing with you, if you can't cope with that go and play somewhere else.

It's not trolling, you called the government scum, he was part of the government.

You are getting boring with 'trolling' now. I am just disagreeing with you, if you can't cope with that go and play somewhere else.

Yes, I did and I will continue to do so.

Also, I’ll stop saying you’re trolling when you stop derailing threads and cherry picking because of your embarrassment that ‘Build Back Better’ isn’t quite going to plan.

Simples.

Yep, the acute respiratory disease, SARS-Cov-2.

What do you think caused the deaths all around the world? Or did Cov 19 kill anyone abroad, but Boris Johnson did it in the UK?

Did you see the Parliamentary report about the Gov’s handling of this?

150 pages and it isn’t pretty.

I know you’re embarrassed by your support of BJ but derailing threads and cherry picking is not the cure.

D

Deleted member 28

I know you’re embarrassed by your support of BJ but derailing threads and cherry picking is not the cure.
I bet your 'chosen Government ' is straight as die?

No human rights issues where you live I bet!

To describe a recently murdered, well respected MP, as scum seems very harsh. But if you are happy doing that, then fine.
The term "Tory scum" was used as a collective description of the Tory government based on the actions and inactions. Harsh, maybe, but entirely fair to those using the term to express their criticism.

It hasn't been used to described a recently deceased MP (who wasn't part of the government by the way) and there have been may posts in this thread stating shock and condolence for Mr Amess.

But if you're happy making blowing it out of proportion, then fine. :okay:

mudsticks

Squire
The term "Tory scum" was used as a collective description of the Tory government based on the actions and inactions. Harsh, maybe, but entirely fair to those using the term to express their criticism.

It hasn't been used to described a recently deceased MP (who wasn't part of the government by the way) and there have been may posts in this thread stating shock and condolence for Mr Amess.

But if you're happy making blowing it out of proportion, then fine. :okay:

Of course we need to be able to criticise a government, and politicians and their behaviour.

Otherwise we're not living in a democracy.

Maybe we need another thread to 'discuss' the type of language used in political discourse.

What's helpful to progress, and what isn't.

I'll give it a go, if anyone wants to join.

It seems disrespectful, to the late Mr Amess and his family to use this one which was started to pay respects to him.

To bat back and forth on that.

I bet your 'chosen Government ' is straight as die?

No human rights issues where you live I bet!

Not my chosen Gov and we don't have empty supermarket shelves or fillling station queues. Also, the second lowest Covid mortality rate in the world, per 100,000 of the population. Unlike the UK. Also, you do know that there's a Police Bill going through the UK Parliament just now that bans protests and can send journalists to jail for up to 14 years?

Oh, and this little gem popped up this morning -

FB6E4r1XEAMlDWt.jpeg

Nice try at a distraction. The thread is about the UK, not anywhere else.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
No it isn't.

This is as good a dictionary definition as any: "publicly criticize (someone or something) by using ridicule, irony, or sarcasm".

If you cannot grasp the difference, I cannot help you any further.

You're aware of the definition of the word "ridicule" I assume?

Go and read the 'How to make friends' thread. It was discussing Angela Rayners comments about Conservatives being scum, racist blah, blah, blah. Look how many on here were agreeing with her on that thread.

Rayner's comment was about the front bench. Those who agreed did so in that light.

I actually met Amess many years ago at a How Parliament Works seminar for Civil Servants. He was an entertaining speaker but I also recall his views on some other subjects. I wouldn't go as far as scum but he had some pretty solid right wing views; a fairly typical Essex Man type MP.

The tributes rightly focus on how good he was at the usual constituency casework probably better they skip over jigs other views.

Last edited:
Top Bottom