These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Like living with Flu I expect, Jabs, boosters, what's the problem?

Timing. "living with Covid" will happen, but it needs to happen at a point where the health service is not overwhelmed by it so that we don't have unnecessary deaths. We aren't there yet, but some Doctors think that we might reach that point as early as April 2022. There will be a point where those who are most susceptible will either have died or survived and like Flu the virus will become manageable UNLESS...

The UNLESS is about how the virus mutates and whether it becomes more dangerous. Flu is relatively stable. It mutates but the path it takes and the damage it causes remains about the same. Covid has some effects which seem to cause extensive long term damage - albeit survivable damage at the moment. This could become problematic if a mutation makes this damage worse.

Thus at the moment we should take sensible precautions to avoid spreading the disease. Sadly some people are too scared to put a bit of cloth over their face or have been fed disinformation and are too selfish. Other types of people are Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg whose stupidity is intractable

D

Deleted member 28

Timing. "living with Covid" will happen, but it needs to happen at a point where the health service is not overwhelmed by it so that we don't have unnecessary deaths. We aren't there yet, but some Doctors think that we might reach that point as early as April 2022. There will be a point where those who are most susceptible will either have died or survived and like Flu the virus will become manageable UNLESS...

The UNLESS is about how the virus mutates and whether it becomes more dangerous. Flu is relatively stable. It mutates but the path it takes and the damage it causes remains about the same. Covid has some effects which seem to cause extensive long term damage - albeit survivable damage at the moment. This could become problematic if a mutation makes this damage worse.

Thus at the moment we should take sensible precautions to avoid spreading the disease. Sadly some people are too scared to put a bit of cloth over their face or have been fed disinformation and are too selfish. Other types of people are Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg whose stupidity is intractable
Nice write up, cheers.

D

Deleted member 28

I just think you're all pi$$ed off because they had a few beers and you didn't, that's what you get for rule following you see.

If you had voted Tory you could have gone round your pals or had your family over for Xmas and not worried about it.

D

Deleted member 49

I just think you're all pi$$ed off because they had a few beers and you didn't, that's what you get for rule following you see.

If you had voted Tory you could have gone round your pals or had your family over for Xmas and not worried about it.
But voting Tory is voting for some of the strictest rules there are ? They decided not to punish themselves or their chums but every day working tax payers got £10,000 fines, closed businesses etc.....
But you knew what you were voting for didn't you 😁

Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 28

But voting Tory is voting for some of the strictest rules there are ? They decided not to punish themselves or their chums but every day working tax payers got £10,000 fines, closed businesses etc.....
I did, it's not me complaining is it?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Haven't Scotland and Wales consistently had stricter rules than England? (not that it has made much, if any difference, to the outcome.

The opposition have routinely cried "too little, too late", from which it would seem fair to assume, had they been in power, the "rules" would have been even stricter?

Neither of the two remarks/questions are meant to excuse the alleged rule breaking you refer to. But, I suspect, most people broke the rules, they just didn't get caught.

spen666

Neither of the two remarks/questions are meant to excuse the alleged rule breaking you refer to. But, I suspect, most people broke the rules, they just didn't get caught.

People do not get punished for breaking the rules / laws.

People get punished for getting caught breaking the rules / laws

mjr

The opposition have routinely cried "too little, too late", from which it would seem fair to assume, had they been in power, the "rules" would have been even stricter?
Not necessarily. Earlier action would mean they could be shorter, so less strict in one way, plus fewer total deaths. The WHO have been clear for over a year that fast and short is much less harmful than dither and delay, which makes sense when you think about the graphs: act before it gets too steep and it's quicker to turn downwards again and the size of the area below the line (which relates to the total deaths) is smaller.

mjr

Plenty of beers here. Beers of Europe round the corner was still selling click and collect. No Etonian self-gratification artist requiring us to do a crap quiz either.

I bet a lot of the business owners fined for ignoring restrictions voted Tory. The carte blanche only applied to Tory leaders not voters.

D

Deleted member 28

Plenty of beers here. Beers of Europe round the corner was still selling click and collect. No Etonian self-gratification artist requiring us to do a crap quiz either.

I bet a lot of the business owners fined for ignoring restrictions voted Tory. The carte blanche only applied to Tory leaders not voters.
What you complaining about then?

D

Deleted member 49

Haven't Scotland and Wales consistently had stricter rules than England? (not that it has made much, if any difference, to the outcome.
I meant voting Tory meant you were voting for stricter rules in general,taking away more of our freedoms etc.
I'm not sure I agree...partner missed two funerals of relatives and didn't see family for over a year.My own dad was lucky ish...but I reckon long covid has just about finished him off.I didn't go out and have a normalish Xmas last year.Did you ?

Reactions: mjr

mjr

What you complaining about then?
A third of Tory MPs voting to try appeasement with a brainless killer virus.

I would complain about the failure to police covid rules in Drowning Street but it was completely expected and predicted by so many, so I'll make fun of it instead, whistling past the graveyard.

D

Deleted member 28

A third of Tory MPs voting to try appeasement with a brainless lethal virus.

I would complain about the failure to police covid rules in Drowning Street but it was completely expected and predicted by so many.
They didn't stop it though did they?

Top Bottom