The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

I don't normally have much time for people claiming things are "woke" or whatever nonsense, but this is taking the p!ss...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68801704

What the actual f*ck is the point in this? I've got a version of Trivial Pursuit which has "adult and child" cards which I can happily play with my 8 year old. They questions for children are still challenging, they're just not about things from 20 years before they were born which they wouldn't have a hope of getting.
The Hasbro publicity department must be eyeing up their bonuses this year. Launch a dumbed down version of an existing game and get organisations like the BBC to give them massive publicity on the various platforms it has.
To borrow from Private Eye, doubles all round.

Reactions: C R

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The Hasbro publicity department must be eyeing up their bonuses this year. Launch a dumbed down version of an existing game and get organisations like the BBC to give them massive publicity on the various platforms it has.
To borrow from Private Eye, doubles all round.

They haven't even properly committed to it either. Flippable board with these stupid new card things.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
And in other creativity news, apparently AI has infested the underground...

FB_IMG_1715077535034.jpg

Considering how some metal is intentionally distorted and weird, I reckon it could be hard to work out what's what.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I could post this in another thread, but that might be considered cruel.
View attachment 5874

Got a message from my boy at 1:40 am with pictures just as spectacular taken from the roof of his student accommodation 10 storeys up in Tübingen.

We are about 120 km away so I looked outside but nothing!

Bazzer

Got a message from my boy at 1:40 am with pictures just as spectacular taken from the roof of his student accommodation 10 storeys up in Tübingen.

We are about 120 km away so I looked outside but nothing!
If you had looked at the sky through your mobile's, or camera's lens, the sight may have been different.

icowden

Legendary Member
If you had looked at the sky through your mobile's, or camera's lens, the sight may have been different.

I found that I got the best "view" from my mobile phone camera in photo mode with nightsight enabled. In video mode, the colours just vanished even though it was the same camera - which I thought was interesting.

Bazzer

I found that I got the best "view" from my mobile phone camera in photo mode with nightsight enabled. In video mode, the colours just vanished even though it was the same camera - which I thought was interesting.
My DSLR was similar. Dozens of photos with colours, but video mode nothing. On the night I put it down to light pollution.
With hindsight I should have set my camera up for time lapse and blended the pictures into a video. Next time.......

Ian H

Guru
I have a rather splendid volume, The History of the Poster, old enough that many of the illustrations are monochrome.
So I've only known this poster in this black & white version. Recently I looked up the artist and found the original (isn't the internet wonderful), and I can't help thinking the b&w version is better. Am I wrong?
1715081127863-d311af03-425f-454d-9ce0-72d35fa20cef.jpg

744210.jpg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I have a rather splendid volume, The History of the Poster, old enough that many of the illustrations are monochrome.
So I've only known this poster in this black & white version. Recently I looked up the artist and found the original (isn't the internet wonderful), and I can't help thinking the b&w version is better. Am I wrong?
View attachment 5894

View attachment 5893

I prefer the monochrome version, but I do like the coloured one too.

I guess there wasn't much money in bubbles for fancy dukes so they switched to yoghurt?

Top Bottom