Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

If successive governments over many years had made nursing a more attractive career in terms of salaries, conditions and training opportunities then we would likely not have needed to have raided so many other poorer countries of their trained and experienced nursing staff to make up for our lack of foresight and our shortages. He was not saying we shouldn't have foreign nurses, but highlighting our failures. Whether a Labour government under Starmer would resolve those issues is a different matter.
Nurses are voting for strike action if you hadn't noticed.We have to recruit first and better pay or did I miss him saying that ? Could he actually have some bollox and say "we support Nurses and their right to a pay rise" or "we should be training more but in the meantime we need qualified people to work in the NHS from anywhere"
With the Tories playing the race card at every opportunity do we need any more talk about "foreigners" taking jobs from the leader of the Labour party...
Corbyn is also correct by stating the obvious.
Corbyn is right end of....mind you he usually is.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Nurses are voting for strike action if you hadn't noticed.We have to recruit first and better pay or did I miss him saying that ? Could he actually have some bollox and say "we support Nurses and their right to a pay rise" or "we should be training more but in the meantime we need qualified people to work in the NHS from anywhere"
With the Tories playing the race card at every opportunity do we need any more talk about "foreigners" taking jobs from the leader of the Labour party...
Do you disagree with the fact that successive governments have raided other poorer countries of the nurses they need to cover their own mistaken policies, and that we should have paid our own more and recruited more? Did he say that foreigners are taking our jobs, or is that your unbiased version of his words?
As I see it your criticism is of what he didn't say rather than what he said. No surprise there.
Corbyn is right end of....mind you he usually is.
Anyone can be right by making anodyne statements of the obvious. He is not adding anything constructive to the debate.

D

Deleted member 49

The piggy bank has been draining away since before ww2, you need to add a few more names to your list, IMHO
Osbourne/Cameron are something special in their austerity cuts though.A political choice to let all those people die deserves a mention.Seems like the current lot are going for round 2.
But feel free to add your own.

And the difference between Labour and the Tories is? 🤦🏻‍♀️

C30727ED-4DF8-44CA-A20A-27EEB1671AE8.png

D

Deleted member 49

Do you disagree with the fact that successive governments have raided other poorer countries of the nurses they need to cover their own mistaken policies, and that we should have paid our own more and recruited more? Did he say that foreigners are taking our jobs, or is that your unbiased version of his words?
As I see it your criticism is of what he didn't say rather than what he said. No surprise there.

Anyone can be right by making anodyne statements of the obvious. He is not adding anything constructive to the debate.
Criticism of what he didn't say...my bias ?
Did part of his leadership pledges not contain this "Defend free movement as we leave the EU."
Now he says its not coming back, even under a government led by him.
Far be it from me to suggest he's a lying turd who'd say anything to get elected.Its a crying shame that this is the best available alternative,we should really want better.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Criticism of what he didn't say...my bias ?
Did part of his leadership pledges not contain this "Defend free movement as we leave the EU."
Now he says its not coming back, even under a government led by him.
Far be it from me to suggest he's a lying turd who'd say anything to get elected.Its a crying shame that this is the best available alternative,we should really want better.

I see you haven’t answered my question in the first part of the post you are responding to. Free movement does not absolve us of not making pay and conditions good enough to increase the number of UK workers and lower the number of foreign workers in certain categories.
Free movement is not, and cannot be, coming back, until we either return to the EU or come to a new free trade deal or customs deal.
Even your hero said in 2017 that wholesale EU immigration was worsening working conditions in the UK.

D

Deleted member 49

I see you haven’t answered my question in the first part of the post you are responding to. Free movement does not absolve us of not making pay and conditions good enough to increase the number of UK workers and lower the number of foreign workers in certain categories.
Free movement is not, and cannot be, coming back, until we either return to the EU or come to a new free trade deal or customs deal.
Even your hero said in 2017 that wholesale EU immigration was worsening working conditions in the UK.
The NHS has always recruited from outside of the UK though.Is he not just pandering to a certain section of voters.I want rid of the Tories as much as anyone,but I also want change.Why use the immigration issue when he could of just supported nurses,said we're going to invest in training and better pay ?
Bad interview either way.Needs to do better !

Top Bottom