Russel Brand seems to have an situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member
This is why he continues to get away with it.
It mainly happened in about 10 years ago, so you're quite off, Nothing to do with Musk, but everything with the BBC/MSM attitude. The same that allowed many other scandals to happen.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Lot's of RAGE about this on Campervan forums...oh and ULEZ, oh and LTN's...the WAR on the motorist IS REAL people!

Lot's of people piling in that it's a money-raising issue - I politely suggested that we could all thwart the Government's money-making scam by all driving just a little bit slowlier...they don't do joined-up thinking in motoring land....

In other matters, should I get the 102bhp VW transporter mapped to 140hp, lower the suspension and spend a fortune on body kit and low-profile alloy wheels...or should I just go camping in it?

Why not do both? 😊

Last edited:
Great - where do I sign up?

Almost anywhere it seems.
There are plenty of places on the interwebs/Soschul meedja where selfish car-worshiping people reside. Vehicular related forums and community related forums are a good starting point. It doesn't take much to get involved in deep and meaningful discussions and the response rates are amazing!

CXRAndy

Veteran
Another expose, crucify, find guilty in the court of public garbage.

It looks like the newspapers have been coercing these people into pay and tell stories.

Let's wait and see if criminal charges are laid and when the verdict is decided in court..

icowden

Legendary Member
This is how he got away with it.
Sorry? Got away with what?
Have the charges already been brought and the Court case completed?

I thought this was at a very early stage with no actual criminal charges being brought. Or are we doing public crucifixion based on hearsay again?

I have no doubt that Brand is odious, not that he is a womaniser and he has confessed publicly to being a sex addict and extremely promiscuous. However even he is entitled to a fair hearing.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

It looks like the newspapers have been coercing these people into pay and tell stories.

Let's wait and see if criminal charges are laid and when the verdict is decided in court..

Well, what a farking mahoosive surprise that Spamboy is a rape apologist.

mudsticks

Squire

You complain about tabloidese reporting.

Then come straight out with the 'They must have been coerced into telling / making up these stories' line - straight out of the same playbook.

Iirc you claim to be the father of daughters, and you shout about how concerned you are about about the welfare of women.

Perhaps you (and a few million others) need to educate yourselves about how it is to be a victim of this sort of crimes, and why victims often report much later, if at all ..

https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...tions-women-rape-sexual-assault-b2413454.html

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Sorry? Got away with what?
Have the charges already been brought and the Court case completed?

I thought this was at a very early stage with no actual criminal charges being brought. Or are we doing public crucifixion based on hearsay again?

I have no doubt that Brand is odious, not that he is a womaniser and he has confessed publicly to being a sex addict and extremely promiscuous. However even he is entitled to a fair hearing.

Yes, the famously flawless and unbiased British legal system is literally the only way we should form opinions about anyone ever. No sexual abuser has ever escaped justice. Every victim has been treated fairly by the judicial system, the media and the public, and all have felt comfortable and confident in coming forward and trusting the police and courts.

I believe the women. I believe that Brand used his ridiculous persona and celebrity to his advantage and to take advantage. I believe he is (now at least) a member of the mainstream establishment and far from the iconoclast he would like people to think, and I believe that he has cultivated a cult around himself comprised of members of the public and of influential figures which provide him support and protection.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Yes, the famously flawless and unbiased British legal system is literally the only way we should form opinions about anyone ever. No sexual abuser has ever escaped justice. Every victim has been treated fairly by the judicial system, the media and the public, and all have felt comfortable and confident in coming forward and trusting the police and courts.

I believe the women. I believe that Brand used his ridiculous persona and celebrity to his advantage and to take advantage. I believe he is (now at least) a member of the mainstream establishment and far from the iconoclast he would like people to think, and I believe that he has cultivated a cult around himself comprised of members of the public and of influential figures which provide him support and protection.

hmm... do I deduce that Brand is not on your Christmas Card list? ;)

Top Bottom