Priti Nazi....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Slightly out of proportion.

Illegal drugs ruin lives, rip communities apart, and cause much misery even to people who choose to go nowhere near them.

A short stretch and ejection from the country (where possible) is a proportional response to the damage caused by those who promote all those ills.

Although I would go for a longer stretch.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Slightly out of proportion.

You may think so, but, IMHO, having some experience of the consequences, Drug Dealers/Suppliers are not my favourite people.

We don't know what the controlled drug was and while I take @Pale Rider's point about mitigating factors I'm going to suggest it wasn't crack in industrial quantity.

I've no issue in principle with deportation but it has to be proportionate.

If she'd committed the offences in her twenties as a recent arrival in the UK and with the possibility of picking up her life in the US that's one thing.

When she's 75, in poor health and no current life threads to pick up it's a very different kettle of fish.

Hopefully, she will be able to put the brakes on the appeals legal aid gravy train, although m'learned friends have a powerful lobby of their own.

Can you provide some evidence as to exactly how, outside the imaginations of Ms Patel and the excitable end of the media, this gravy train actually manifests itself?

I mean like cases where the courts have, as you'd expect, derailed the gravy train as they see themselves repeatedly faced with cases without any merit?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Johnson and Gove have both admitted being at the demand end of the Class A supply chain, haven’t they?

So, because we have people in high places acting foolishly and/or illegally, we just let it rip? Sounds like a sensible idea.

IMHO there is a difference between supplying and using.

Wayne Couzens murdered a lass so on your logic there's no point in prosecuting the next copper to commit a serious offence.
I don’t know how you extracted that meaning from my words.

What do you imagine historic drug use by two Tories has to do with drug supply problems in Edinburgh, or anywhere else for that matter?
Seriously?

Do you accept that the very real harm you described earlier would not exist without a demand for product? Do you think that people that have been intimately involved with the drugs trade are fit for high office?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Seriously?

Do you accept that the very real harm you described earlier would not exist without a demand for product? Do you think that people that have been intimately involved with the drugs trade are fit for high office?

Your answer to everything is 'I hate the Tories'.

Great, but must we have it in every thread?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Seriously?

You'll never learn. Rules, laws or standards are not for Tories.

In 2017, the Scottish Tories accepted a donation of £20,000 from PB Devco, a company running a chain of pubs whose operations director, Paul Clarkson, was subsequently convicted of dealing cocaine from one of the firm's pubs in Aberdeen. The company is run by his father and had a licence for one of its premises fast-tracked in July last year after intervention by a Tory MP.

Douglas Ross, the current leader of the Scottish Tories (the one who forgot about £30,000 he'd earned), has refused to return the money and won't rule out accepting further donations from the same source.

It seems the Tories don't care what the source of their cash is, however tainted.

(Edited to remove irrelevant text)

Last edited:
Your answer to everything is 'I hate the Tories'.
I would give the same answer regardless of the party in question. For clarity, no I don’t believe such people are suitable to legislate in areas of criminal or judicial policy.

I note, once again, that you haven’t answered my question at all. That is unfortunate, given that we appear to agree about the harm caused throughout the criminal supply chain. Go on, commit to a clear answer.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I would give the same answer regardless of the party in question. For clarity, no I don’t believe such people are suitable to legislate in areas of criminal or judicial policy.

I note, once again, that you haven’t answered my question at all. That is unfortunate, given that we appear to agree about the harm caused throughout the criminal supply chain. Go on, commit to a clear answer.

It's dumb question.

That a few now middle aged blokes used drugs when they were students has bugger all to do with the treatment of a drug dealer recently released from prison.

You've got threads to slag off the Tories, must you wreck every other thread as well?

Top Bottom