Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Lay more rail track , but not here or there or near me or ....

Osborne springs to mind.
https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2013-01-30/osborne-accused-of-trying-to-divert-hs2-line-from-tatton

stowie

I speak for myself and as I've said many, many times before most on here have hardly felt a difference, you included.

But Sheppy - this is a Brexiteer argument I really don't understand.

We have had the biggest constitutional upheaval in living memory. It has cost two Prime Ministers their jobs. It has consumed huge amounts of parliamentary and civil service time. It has cost MPs their jobs and been divisive. It has caused business to invest in trading changes and the economic changes are only just starting.

Yet you as a Brexit voter and supporter seem quite content that it hasn't made any difference to you. What is the point?

I never really get to understand what end result was envisaged when I speak with Brexiteers. What is the goal?

Salty seadog

We have had the biggest constitutional upheaval in living memory. It has cost two Prime Ministers their jobs. It has consumed huge amounts of parliamentary and civil service time. It has cost MPs their jobs and been divisive. It has caused business to invest in trading changes and the economic changes are only just starting.

Yet you as a Brexit voter and supporter seem quite content that it hasn't made any difference to you. What is the point?

I never really get to understand what end result was envisaged when I speak with Brexiteers. What is the goal?

Again I would like to ask what @shep actually voted for? What was the motivation?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

It's all part of a fiendish plot to keep leftie type cyclists endlessly distracted, mithering on sub forums.

Whilst Wolverhampton Wanderers Fans..

Take over the World !!!

It's such a simple..

Yet cunning plan!! :becool:

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I agree, and 'we've' done this to ourselves.

I'd be all for more relocalised supply systems.

Fewer lorries on the roads, all in all,

And all the rest of the things needed to make a resilient, sustainable, supply system .

But that will take time and effort to transition towards.

It needs thinking through, training and facilities, and investment put in place.

This was none of those things.
It looks like our assessment turned out to be pure Guardian, pre-Guardian even. The horror! https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ll-not-want-to-come-to-uk-warn-haulage-chiefs

Go on then tell me which con I fell for and how I've been affected to any noticeable degree.

You know fook all about my circumstances be it financial or personal yet you tell me to open my eyes, I'm embarrassed by something and I've been conned?

I've stated numerous times it's made little difference to me, why can't you understand this?

Same job, same income, same social activity (now Covid has allowed it) the odd bit of stuff the Missus hasn't been able to get from the shops doesn't matter, nor does the bills going up a bit.

Same for my mates, lots of them have MORE work since Brexit. Why don't you accept people experience different things to you?

What con you fell for? All of it.

Saying nothing has changed for you is like saying 'I've never had measles therefore measles doesn't exist.'

Surely you must be concerned with the lack of food and fuel and, bills going up a bit!? That's quite the understatement.

Still clinging to the fading hope that Brexit will go well it appears.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

You're looking in the wrong place for 'understanding' I fear.

Saying nothing has changed for you is like saying 'I've never had measles therefore measles doesn't exist.'

Surely you must be concerned with the lack of food and fuel and, bills going up a bit!? That's quite the understatement.

Honestly peeps, give it up, it's like demanding to know of a cat why it pooped in your shoes.

It just did, it just felt right at the time, ok ??

It's not the cats problem, to sort out, or to give a shoot about, so there's really no point labouring the dirty deed.

Kittie will just stretch out in the sun , and may be mildly curious, as to why you're fussing over your footwear, before falling asleep oblivious.

Then be back, wanting feeding, in the evening.

D

Deleted member 28

You're not worth talking to pal as you clearly don't listen or have an understanding problem, you're calling me a liar essentially aren't you?

I've told you plenty of times the 'lack of food' as you put it is limited to the odd items missing from the shelves for us, we buy something different, I voted Brexit so don't mind a small increase in bills.

Listen, if you're life has fallen apart and it's the end of the World for you then I'm sorry, but don't tell me what I'm experiencing.

D

Deleted member 28

No , why would I be happy, about that.

If you're going to tell other people off for telling you what you've experienced, then please don't try to tell me what I have, or haven't experienced.

Just because I've had more business - which I didn't actually need, doesn't mean I haven't been affected in other ways.

That some supplies for instance such as seeds haven't been harder on to come by.

Just one issue, among many.

Plus there's more to life than just getting more business, for some of us.

As I've said before, my children's opportunities have been limited.

As have mine.

I've had to deal with fall out for other people in the industry.

Many others have listed their problems, repeatedly, you've ignorantly chosen to ignore or diminish them.

If you've nothing more to add than

"I'm just fine"

Why do you keep coming back to this topic.?

We've heard many times you're fine.

Great good for you..

I think we've all heard it multiple times.

You're free to go now 👍🏼
I'll hang around as long as there are people telling me how I've been done over by Brexit, you people need showing there's an alternative World out there to your doom and gloom one.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I'll hang around as long as there are people telling me how I've been done over by Brexit, you people need showing there's an alternative World out there to your doom and gloom one.

"You people need showing" :rolleyes:

You honestly think we only inhabit these boards, and that we need educating about how 'the world' is' ??

Honestly, there's far less risk of anyone 'telling you' anything, if you're not here.

You're clearly secure in your decision, that's fine we've heard it, over and over.

This thread however is about ongoing brexit problems.

Issues that are happening, not to you of course, but to others.

Meanwhile, as soon as I've seen to the animals, and watered what needs watering, I'm off to the beach, to meet up with some friends for second breakfast, and to have a swim.

I'm sure we'll talk about nothing but brexit all morning :okay:

Salty seadog

I voted Brexit so don't mind a small increase in bills.

Shep, was it an increase in expenditure you voted for?

What was in your mind when you voted to leave?

What did you hope to gain or change?

I want to know your motivation.

You seem to articulate things well so please enlighten me.

D

Deleted member 28

Shep, was it an increase in expenditure you voted for?

What was in your mind when you voted to leave?

What did you hope to gain or change?

I want to know your motivation.

You seem to articulate things well so please enlighten me.
More control of movement, less money to Europe, cheap foreign labour reduced to give UK people the chance.
If none of the above happens it's too bad but that's what I hoped was going to happen.
I was comfortable that whatever changes came from me voting to leave would have a minimal effect on my life, and it hasn't so far.

Salty seadog

More control of movement, less money to Europe, cheap foreign labour reduced to give UK people the chance.
If none of the above happens it's too bad but that's what I hoped was going to happen.
I was comfortable that whatever changes came from me voting to leave would have a minimal effect on my life, and it hasn't so far.

Thank you.
Again the last line screams 'I'm alright Jack'

Top Bottom