Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Sensible? :tongue:

Perfect

'sensible'

'Noble' sounds way too much like hard work.

And as if it might involve getting a horse.

I mean, I like horses, but i don't really have the time atm :rolleyes:

I'll have to make do with horse power for now..

Pale Rider

Veteran
I understand the words but not how they relate to the conversation. Who here is a flawless hero? You? Mudsticks? And to whom? You? Me?

Hero might not be the best word, but I couldn't immediately think of another.

Posting stuff everyone agrees with - Brexit is shite, women get a bad trot from (some) men - only takes you so far.

Further, sometimes less is more.

Several posters became tired of the women's rights message, not because they didn't agree with it, but because it was repeated too often.

Same with Brexit, thousands (literally) of Brexit is shite posts in the other place ultimately became counter productive.

Once again, most people on here would agree, but they get fed up of reading the same thing over and over, leaving the thread to become an ever smaller echo chamber.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Hero might not be the best word, but I couldn't immediately think of another.

Posting stuff everyone agrees with - Brexit is shite, women get a bad trot from (some) men - only takes you so far.

Further, sometimes less is more.

Several posters became tired of the women's rights message, not because they didn't agree with it, but because it was repeated too often.

Same with Brexit, thousands (literally) of Brexit is shite posts in the other place ultimately became counter productive.

Once again, most people on here would agree, but they get fed up of reading the same thing over and over, leaving the thread to become an ever smaller echo chamber.

It's good to get it off your chest, right ??

Strange you weren't worried about the dozens of insults and digs I received in the Britishness thread.

Dozens!!! Really, there were more than 24?

The fact is that you posted a pov about anthems and censorship which could not stand up to challenge.

When asked to identify the posts which constituted a pile on you couldn't or wouldn't.

And when it comes to digs you remind me of my other half; abhors various behaviours in others but is happy to indulge in them herself.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Dozens!!! Really, there were more than 24?

The fact is that you posted a pov about anthems and censorship which could not stand up to challenge.

When asked to identify the posts which constituted a pile on you couldn't or wouldn't.

And when it comes to digs you remind me of my other half; abhors various behaviours in others but is happy to indulge in them herself.

Read the thread.

There are seven posts from one poster alone which are nothing more than insults at me, nothing on topic, just insults/snidey digs.

That's fine, although cretinous, but don't pretend the posts are not there just because you agree with them.

As regards 'standing up to challenge', that is purely in your opinion.

I didn't detect much support for 'ditching' Land of Hope Glory or rewriting the innocuous lyrics to the hymn, apart from the usual knee jerk reaction that anything traditionally British must be a bad thing.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Look,

Can you boys, go and bicker about who said what to who, and how.??

Elsewhere please??

Now that Mr Rider has fessed up that he too thinks that it is all a bit pants as well ...

How about start a thread called

"Civil discourse on t'internet"

This is the "Not so Brilliant Brexit Thread"

Ta 👍🏼

D

Deleted member 28

The penny hasn’t really dropped for you yet, has it? Still too embarrassed to admit that you fell for the biggest con the UK’s seen in its history?

C’mon Shep! Open your eyes. This is way past left or right.
Go on then tell me which con I fell for and how I've been affected to any noticeable degree.

You know fook all about my circumstances be it financial or personal yet you tell me to open my eyes, I'm embarrassed by something and I've been conned?

I've stated numerous times it's made little difference to me, why can't you understand this?

Same job, same income, same social activity (now Covid has allowed it) the odd bit of stuff the Missus hasn't been able to get from the shops doesn't matter, nor does the bills going up a bit.

Same for my mates, lots of them have MORE work since Brexit. Why don't you accept people experience different things to you?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Read the thread.

There are seven posts from one poster alone which are nothing more than insults at me, nothing on topic, just insults/snidey digs.

That's fine, although cretinous, but don't pretend the posts are not there just because you agree with them.

As regards 'standing up to challenge', that is purely in your opinion.

I didn't detect much support for 'ditching' Land of Hope Glory or rewriting the innocuous lyrics to the hymn, apart from the usual knee jerk reaction that anything traditionally British must be a bad thing.
Which was said by absolutely nobody but you.

Did you notice much support for the lyrics? Even someone who supported it didn't have a clue what those lyrics were.

If someone is prepared to look at all the lyrics and say they think it is worth keeping explain why, rather than resort to the usual knee-jerk response that those who have read and dislike the lyrics are anti-"British".

We are in danger of turning this into another "they've all got it infamy" thread.

Your obsession with my posts continues, and is ever so slightly creepy.

Strange you weren't worried about the dozens of insults and digs I received in the Britishness thread.

You are the same as all the other muddle headed thinkers - insults are fine provided you don't like the person being insulted.

In any event, @mudsticks is one of the worthiest posters on here, and @Fab Foodie posted Brexit is shite stories almost daily in the other place.

If the cap fits, wear it.
Where else was I supposed to post them?
For balance, we’re still waiting for some Brexit isn’t shite stories….

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Which was said by absolutely nobody but you.

Did you notice much support for the lyrics? Even someone who supported it didn't have a clue what those lyrics were.

If someone is prepared to look at all the lyrics and say they think it is worth keeping explain why, rather than resort to the usual knee-jerk response that those who have read and dislike the lyrics are anti-"British".

We are in danger of turning this into another "they've all got it infamy" thread.

I've read the lyrics they're tosh.
And they've no place in a modern Britain..

But meanwhile.

We're trying to argue about brexit here.

Could you take the Expansionist Empire tune spats to the

Expansionist Empire Tunes Thread ..??

Please..??

Tia :okay:

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Go on then tell me which con I fell for and how I've been affected to any noticeable degree.

You know fook all about my circumstances be it financial or personal yet you tell me to open my eyes, I'm embarrassed by something and I've been conned?

I've stated numerous times it's made little difference to me, why can't you understand this?

Same job, same income, same social activity (now Covid has allowed it) the odd bit of stuff the Missus hasn't been able to get from the shops doesn't matter, nor does the bills going up a bit.

Same for my mates, lots of them have MORE work since Brexit. Why don't you accept people experience different things to you?

I've had more work since brexit too.

I still think it's generally rubbish for the country as a whole, though..

Cos it's not just about me.
Or even just about me, and my mates..

Why is that so difficult to understand??

D

Deleted member 28

I've had more work since brexit too.

I still think it's generally rubbish for the country as a whole, though..

Cos it's not just about me.
Or even just about me, and my mates..

Why is that so difficult to understand??
I'm not talking to you.............remember that one?

Anyway I'm sure plenty have been negatively affected but I'm answering some bloke who thinks he knows better than I do what Brexit means to me.

I speak for myself and as I've said many, many times before most on here have hardly felt a difference, you included.

Brexit is shyte for some people, happy?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I'm not talking to you.............remember that one?

Anyway I'm sure plenty have been negatively affected but I'm answering some bloke who thinks he knows better than I do what Brexit means to me.

I speak for myself and as I've said many, many times before most on here have hardly felt a difference, you included.

Brexit is shyte for some people, happy?

No , why would I be happy, about that.

If you're going to tell other people off for telling you what you've experienced, then please don't try to tell me what I have, or haven't experienced.

Just because I've had more business - which I didn't actually need, doesn't mean I haven't been affected in other ways.

That some supplies for instance such as seeds haven't been harder on to come by.

Just one issue, among many.

Plus there's more to life than just getting more business, for some of us.

As I've said before, my children's opportunities have been limited.

As have mine.

I've had to deal with fall out for other people in the industry.

Many others have listed their problems, repeatedly, you've ignorantly chosen to ignore or diminish them.

If you've nothing more to add than

"I'm just fine"

Why do you keep coming back to this topic.?

We've heard many times you're fine.

Great good for you..

I think we've all heard it multiple times.

You're free to go now 👍🏼

Top Bottom