Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've not once said I was disadvantaged, in fact the opposite as both my parents worked and provided well, the point of mentioning my background is to make people aware of why I feel you can make a life for yourself irrespective of what comes your way.

As for my Kids, the lads a prison officer in a YOI so I doubt the scum, yes they really are scum, he encounters every day aren't afraid to use a bit of 'Language' so I'm sure he can make his own mind up.

As for the Daughter, she's been going to Football matches since she was 12 so I'll leave that one to you.

I agree with the sentiments in the first paragraph. But, Gov policies for the past decade make it damn near impossible, a reason why Mr Cookiemonster and myself took the decision to leave in 2014. I did my bit, why won’t the politicians do theirs?

D

Deleted member 28

Your point is?

You’ve said nothing that hasn’t been said before. As a UK citizen, I will continue to voice my despair at the direction the UK is going.

Deal with it.
I don't have to deal with anything, you're the one with the countries issues not me.
As someone who actually lives here and pretty happy with things I'll continue to voice my happiness.

Deal with that. 😄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I did. Speyside/Aberdeenshire.

In case you’re wondering, I don’t hate the UK. I hate the Government for what they’ve done to the UK.

No ulterior motive, just curiosity, it is a subject that interests me, for personal reasons.

Without telling you my life story, I initially fostered two children (one boy, one girl), they are not biologically related to each other. Each was age 2 when fostered, and, I subsequently adopted them when age 4 and 6.

It did not work out as a complete success story, sad to say, sort of 50/50.

I noted in your brief history, a rather unsatisfactory mention of a Social Worker, my experiences of same have not been exactly positive, but, so far, I have not been stabbed by one! ;)

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Rude to you, saying how it is to me.👍

And the 'saying how it is' (in your opinion)
went down well on the other forum well also.??

Have you ever come across the concept of tailoring your language to the situation, or context?? .

For example I understand your daughter is a schoolteacher, or teaching assistant or something like that, yes.??

(Sort of doesn't matter if she is or isn't but anyway)

So the kind of language she hears, and maybe even uses on the football terraces.

Won't be the same as that, which she uses in school , will it .??

Same as the language and terminology I use here, with people I don't know, won't be the same as when I'm with my friends, or in more professional and or official circumstances.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
All I can say is I'm glad people like you have left and it's a pity that others don't let their feet do the talking and do the same!
It may temporarily have escaped your self-evidently limited attention that the likes of you, and your furious, puce-faced, flag-flapping Brexist brethren have pulled up the drawbridge, making it a bloody sight harder to do exactly that. Personally this means any part-formed ideas I might have had of moving elsewhere in the coming years, are broadly screwed.

And the country I was considering relocating from rejected Brexit by 62%, and has not elected a Tory government since 1955. So I'd suggest you take your 'this country' and shove it elbow-deep into the orifice from which you appear to do most of your talking.

And that's not me being 'rude'. Not yet.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
It may temporarily have escaped your self-evidently limited attention that the likes of you, and your furious, puce-faced, flag-flapping Brexist brethren have pulled up the drawbridge, making it a bloody sight harder to do exactly that. Personally this means any part-formed ideas I might have had of moving elsewhere in the coming years, are broadly screwed.

And the country I was considering relocating from rejected Brexit by 62%, and has not elected a Tory government since 1955. So I'd suggest you take your 'this country' and shove it elbow-deep into the orifice from which you appear to do most of your talking.

Still no mention of 'our' governments lying, lawbreaking, nor the corruption neither..

I guess if we were proper 'patriots' we'd just wave a flag about a bit, have a pint of mild from a glass with a crown on it, and stand around in pubs shouting 'ingerrland' every time the footie is on..

Even if we were Scottish, Welsh, or from Northern Ireland..

Instead of giving any of a damn about how our country is in the charge if a bunch of total and utter charlatans.

Who have also stymied my kids plans, and also my (like yours semi formed) retirement goals.

Wouldn't a life of ignorance, and insularity be so much simpler..

D

Deleted member 28

If that's your best effort my friend you need to up your game.

D

Deleted member 28

And the 'saying how it is' (in your opinion)
went down well on the other forum well also.??

Have you ever come across the concept of tailoring your language to the situation, or context?? .

For example I understand your daughter is a schoolteacher, or teaching assistant or something like that, yes.??

(Sort of doesn't matter if she is or isn't but anyway)

So the kind of language she hears, and maybe even uses on the football terraces.

Won't be the same as that, which she uses in school , will it .??

Same as the language and terminology I use here, with people I don't know, won't be the same as when I'm with my friends, or in more professional and or official circumstances.
Boring me now, sorry.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Boring me now, sorry.

Took that long..

:eek:

I know - paragraphs, awkward questions, situations, considerations, n all that shizzle

Soooo tedious :stop:

It's ok, I think we're all quite well across the fact that your concern for anyone else's life, circumstances, or feelings, wouldnt so much as disturb the dial, even on a super-sensitive, 'sympathy'ometer'

I really think we have got that message, loud and clear.

So there's really no need to pretend to be sorry :okay:

D

Deleted member 28

What do you imagine you mean by that? Or were you just triggered in to some - any - random response?

You really are profoundly and desperately out of what little depth you have, aren't you?
As insults go, need to up your game, try to make your post's more readable if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
As insults go, need to up your game, try to make your post's more readable if you can.
Insults? You think I'm trying to insult you? Good grief. :laugh:

And I'm not at all sure what you mean by "make my post's (sic) more readable". Little words, maybe? You might try being clearer.

Or on second thoughts - don't bother. You have the square root of sweet sh!t-all to offer.

Top Bottom