Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

A
Many of us had it tough Shep, not just you.

I grew up in violent council care homes and, when available, orphanages run by Barnardos (which, for me, was a haven). Was stabbed by a social worker off his face on drugs, losing a pint of blood (a lot for an 11 year old) and faced violence daily. Never claimed a benefit and I now have three university degrees. Not bad I would say.

This is not a 'Pity poor me' story. Just a point that I had it rough too but I don't go around the forum acting like an aggressive drunk falling out of Spoonies itching to prove his 'manliness' by getting into a rumble. This applies to you and this is what's dragging this forum down. You go off on one at the slightest hint that someone may disagree with you.

Far be it for me to tell another adult what to do but don't you think it's time you stepped back a bit and try not firing off? Using the rough council estate reason for your aggression doesn't wash with me anyway.

Try it. It'll certainly do your blood pressure the world of good.
Aggression?
You really are a delicate soul aren't you, I'm aggressive how exactly? because I disagree with the half dozen people that come on here and have little sympathy for people who bring thing's on themselves?

All you people want to hear is " yes this country is s*it and so are the Government and everyone feels the same"

Well I have a bit of News for you, lot's think things are ok and it's not that bad living here but you don't want to here that do you?

Plus, you don't even live here so I couldn't really give a t*ss what you think, how would you feel if I constantly slagged off where you live yet lived here?

Blood pressure is fine thanks because unlike you, it appears, my World is going quite well.

Have you read the title of this thread?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
It seems that circumstances of growing up can push your mindset either way.

I had a reasonably stable childhood.

(With a few 'glitches' that id rather not go in to)

We had enough, but not 'too much' money, money wasn't something to chase after for its own sake.

I was also made aware from an early age that from that pov I was lucky.

Went to decent state schools, and had parents who valued education.

They were educators by profession so...

But I also left home pretty young (just 17)

And since then have done ok for myself.

I got more education, and worked ridiculously hard for the first twenty years, in addition to raising kids, to get to where I am now.

Literally starting with £300 in the bank, and a few tools in the (rented) shed.

All this helped by many other good souls along the way of course.

I still work hard by many peoples standards.
But not 'stupidly' so any more.

I don't need to, and it isn't healthy anyway.

But I also realise how much privelege and 'luck' I've had too, the solid enough start.
The hardworking example and atmosphere created by both my parents

(maybe that was a bit too much, but having done parenting myself I know you're never going to get it 100% right, we are humans, and products of our background and upbringing as well)

Time and place of birth, living proximate to good schools, being taken places, exposed to the wider world, culture, and intelligent company from all over the globe.

Being physically and mentally able.

And lots and lots of luck.

Meeting the right people, randomly choosing this path rather than that.

Plenty of opportunities to say "There but for the grace of the Goddess".

So it's seems that people who have a 'bad' start can either get all mean and twisted up by that, and not want others to be helped

Or realise that things in general do need to improve in society to give everyone a decent chance.

Meanwhile us ones with better luck from birth can go "well I'm alright" so what's everyone elses problem .??

Or we can realise our advantage, and put it to some use.

There's another 'blanket' to fall either side of, course ..

Yes of course social security, and benefits, are a key part in any civilised society.

A

Aggression?
You really are a delicate soul aren't you, I'm aggressive how exactly? because I disagree with the half dozen people that come on here and have little sympathy for people who bring thing's on themselves?

All you people want to here is " yes this country is s*it and so are the Government and everyone feels the same"

Well I have a bit of News for you, lot's think things are ok and it's not that bad living here but you don't want to here that do you?

Plus, you don't even live here so I couldn't really give a t*ss what you think, how would you feel if I constantly slagged off where you live yet lived here?

Have you read the title of this thread?

Oh dear! Once again, you've just proven my point.

Again I have to remind you that I am a UK citizen and, although this does annoy you, I am entitled to an opinion about the mess the UK's in. I'm sure you wouldn't say that if I agreed with you. You don't give a toss about what anyone thinks, and that's the problem. My world's fine too but it doesn't mean I should just ignore what's going on around us and live in a sealed bubble.

I have read the title of the thread, shame you haven't.

And, yes, the UK is shoot and the Government and its supporters are ensuring it remains shoot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Half way through editing, sorry.

What point? I'm a straight talker?

No you're just plain rude.

I know plenty of people from a similar background to yours.

They don't feel the need to address people in that way.
Especially not people they've never met.

You're using it as an excuse for rudeness, which is a bit insulting to , and shows low expectations for, anyone who had a less than easy start in life.

If we're playing 'disadvantage' top trumps
(Were not btw)

Then Cookie definitely wins.

But he's not effing and jeffing every five minutes at other posters on here.

These kids you've 'brought up well' have you told them this kind of language to others is ok??

D

Deleted member 28

No you're just plain rude.

I know plenty of people from a similar background to yours.

They don't feel the need to address people in that way.
Especially not people they've never met.

You're using it as an excuse for rudeness, which is a bit insulting to , and shows low expectations for, anyone who had a less than easy start in life.

If we're playing 'disadvantage' top trumps
(Were not btw)

Then Cookie definitely wins.

But he's not effing and jeffing every five minutes at other posters on here.

These kids you've 'brought up well' have you told them this kind of language to others is ok??
I've not once said I was disadvantaged, in fact the opposite as both my parents worked and provided well, the point of mentioning my background is to make people aware of why I feel you can make a life for yourself irrespective of what comes your way.

As for my Kids, the lads a prison officer in a YOI so I doubt the scum, yes they really are scum, he encounters every day aren't afraid to use a bit of 'Language' so I'm sure he can make his own mind up.

As for the Daughter, she's been going to Football matches since she was 12 so I'll leave that one to you.

D

Deleted member 28

I have read the title of the thread, shame you haven't.

And, yes, the UK is shoot and the Government and its supporters are ensuring it remains shoot.
Again, in your opinion and a lot of others, but not mine and lots more.

So is it only me who lives in a bubble or do you live in a bubble as well?

Or, is your bubble bigger than mine but correct, or smaller and wrong?

See where we're going here?

Because you think you're right and I'm wrong you can't seem to accept there are people OK with the UK and Brexit whereas I can understand that many aren't, that's life I'm afraid.

All I can say is I'm glad people like you have left and it's a pity that others don't let their feet do the talking and do the same!

Rude/straight talking enough for you?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I've not once said I was disadvantaged, in fact the opposite as both my parents worked and provided well, the point of mentioning my background is to make people aware of why I feel you can make a life for yourself irrespective of what comes your way.

As for my Kids, the lads a prison officer in a YOI so I doubt the scum, yes they really are scum, he encounters every day aren't afraid to use a bit of 'Language' so I'm sure he can make his own mind up.

As for the Daughter, she's been going to Football matches since she was 12 so I'll leave that one to you.

So absolutely no justification for being rude to others then.

Good .

I'm glad we've got that cleared up :okay:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Many of us had it tough Shep, not just you.

I grew up in violent council care homes and, when available, orphanages run by Barnardos (which, for me, was a haven). Was stabbed by a social worker off his face on drugs, losing a pint of blood (a lot for an 11 year old) and faced violence daily. Never claimed a benefit and I now have three university degrees. Not bad I would say.

This is not a 'Pity poor me' story. Just a point that I had it rough too but I don't go around the forum acting like an aggressive drunk falling out of Spoonies itching to prove his 'manliness' by getting into a rumble. This applies to you and this is what's dragging this forum down. You go off on one at the slightest hint that someone may disagree with you.

Far be it for me to tell another adult what to do but don't you think it's time you stepped back a bit and try not firing off? Using the rough council estate reason for your aggression doesn't wash with me anyway.

Try it. It'll certainly do your blood pressure the world of good.

Despite all that, you managed to make good. Well done.

Presumably, you "grew up" in UK?

Again, in your opinion and a lot of others, but not mine and lots more.

So is it only me who lives in a bubble or do you live in a bubble as well?

Or, is your bubble bigger than mine but correct, or smaller and wrong?

See where we're going here?

Because you think you're right and I'm wrong you can't seem to accept there are people OK with the UK and Brexit whereas I can understand that many aren't, that's life I'm afraid.

All I can say is I'm glad people like you have left and it's a pity that others don't let their feet do the talking and do the same!

Rude/straight talking enough for you?

Your point is?

You’ve said nothing that hasn’t been said before. As a UK citizen, I will continue to voice my despair at the direction the UK is going.

Deal with it.

Top Bottom