Nurse murdered seven babies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
It's not news though, is it. It's only being reported because it'll get page impressions up.

Well, everyone's an editor now.

Trust me, at the moment anything connected with Letby is news.

As regards page impressions, you could say that about any story.

No newspaper ever published a story which it judged no one wanted to read.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well, everyone's an editor now.

Trust me, at the moment anything connected with Letby is news.

As regards page impressions, you could say that about any story.

No newspaper ever published a story which it judged no one wanted to read.

We have very differing opinions on what constitutes news.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
You've just made a fool of yourself on the asylum thread (again).

You've a perverse understanding of what 'news' means.

Not as big a fool as the clown who couldn't grasp how many doctors make two.

Good to see you are yet another editor, and further confirmation you know naff all about the topic.

multitool

Shaman
Not as big a fool as the clown who couldn't grasp how many doctors make two.

Good to see you are yet another editor, and further confirmation you know naff all about the topic.

We'll just let your assertion that 'The Sun' is a high quality newspaper stand here in its own right...

AndyRM

Elder Goth
We'll just let your assertion that 'The Sun' is a high quality newspaper stand here in its own right...

I can't believe I'm about to write this, but at what it does, The Sun is highly effective. It's riddled with mendacious nonsense and poorly laid out amongst other things; but if the brief was to hit the lowest common denominator of the gutter press it's hard to deny they've absolutely nailed it.

multitool

Shaman
I can't believe I'm about to write this, but at what it does, The Sun is highly effective. It's riddled with mendacious nonsense and poorly laid out amongst other things; but if the brief was to hit the lowest common denominator of the gutter press it's hard to deny they've absolutely nailed it.

Is it 'high quality news' though?

I'd suggest not.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran

A chink of light, but you are still focusing too much on the content.

What you might come to accept is The Sun is brilliantly written.

As I've remarked before, any idiot can cover a topic in 500 or 1,000 words.

The real art, which The Sun has, is to cover the topic in under 200 words and, crucially, leave nothing out.

What you think of the content and the quality of the product are two different things.

multitool

Shaman
Yes, there's some real "high quality" brilliantly written content right there...

Hillsborough_disaster_Sun.jpg

AndyRM

Elder Goth
A chink of light, but you are still focusing too much on the content.

What you might come to accept is The Sun is brilliantly written.

As I've remarked before, any idiot can cover a topic in 500 or 1,000 words.

The real art, which The Sun has, is to cover the topic in under 200 words and, crucially, leave nothing out.

What you think of the content and the quality of the product are two different things.

There's no chink of light. I can see the paper for exactly what it is.

It's fine that you admire it, and defend it, but personally I think your position is flawed and biased.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Yes, there's some real "high quality" brilliantly written content right there...

View attachment 4469

I wondered who would be the first prat to bring up that 40+ year-old from page.

Your next task is the Daily Mail story from the 30s in which they backed the fascists.

It'll soon be time to celebrate the centenary of that one.

There's no chink of light. I can see the paper for exactly what it is.

It's fine that you admire it, and defend it, but personally I think your position is flawed and biased.

Not really biased, I am looking at it purely from the point of view of its production values, which are top notch.

I may think The Guardian is largely full of garbage, but I would never call it a crap newspaper in production terms.

Top Bottom