North Shropshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
That’s my point, really, forty-something years since they elected a leader that most Tories agree about, let alone the wider public. I don’t know about you but I was sporting bondage trousers back then, that’s how long it has been.

A very fair point.

When was the most recent widely respected Labour leader to win an election?

The tories win by default, not by design.

BoldonLad

Or Lib Dems were used by the Tories for austerity then spat out again...
I mean I'm allways happy when the Tories lose,but I'd no sooner vote Lib Dem than Lozza ! Feck em both as far as I'm concerned.

Great keep it up ;)

pubrunner

Do you not think it's a 'protest vote ' happened with UKIP a while ago, remember.

I think when it comes to a GE it'll return to normal.

I'm not confident that the seat will return to Tory at the next election.

I live in the constituency - yes, it was a protest vote, but to win the next election, the Conservatives must find a decent (local) candidate.

On the local Facebook forums in the region, folk are angry about 'local' issues; for example, the ambulance service that was based in Oswestry has been scrapped :

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/health/2021/12...

On the radio this morning, the former leader of Shropshire Council spoke about how he had moved away from the Conservatives, in order to support Kirsty Walmsley (his daughter) - the Reform UK candidate. {Previously, he was a friend of Owen Paterson and someone who was firmly entrenched in Conservative politics in North Shropshire}. Losing what were previously core voters, will be a serious blow to the Conservative Party at a local level.

If Helen Morgan does a half-reasonable job in North Shropshire, she might be hard to dislodge.

BoldonLad

I'm not confident that the seat will return to Tory at the next election.

I live in the constituency - yes, it was a protest vote, but to win the next election, the Conservatives must find a decent (local) candidate.

On the local Facebook forums in the region, folk are angry about 'local' issues; for example, the ambulance service that was based in Oswestry has been scrapped :

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/health/2021/12...

On the radio this morning, the former leader of Shropshire Council spoke about how he had moved away from the Conservatives, in order to support Kirsty Walmsley (his daughter) - the Reform UK candidate. {Previously, he was a friend of Owen Paterson and someone who was firmly entrenched in Conservative politics in North Shropshire}. Losing what were previously core voters, will be a serious blow to the Conservative Party at a local level.

If Helen Morgan does a half-reasonable job in North Shropshire, she might be hard to dislodge.

Let us hope so ;)

pubrunner

Do you not think it's a 'protest vote ' happened with UKIP a while ago, remember.

I think when it comes to a GE it'll return to normal.
john-jonah-jameson-lol.gif

pubrunner

Boris at the wheel! The longer Ole stayed at Old Trafford, the more damage was done so let's give Johnson all the support we can!

I'm sure that I'm not the only one, who finds this football-storyline cartoon to be very amusing.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-eton-mess-for-boris-johnson-and-whitehall-fc

D

Deleted member 28

The Liberals have got as much chance of winning a General Election as I have of shagging Beyoncé.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Go on then, what do you think?
Start of a Liberal uprising?
Dream on.
No chance, but hopefully the start of even Tory voters seeing what a disaster Johnson and this government really are.
The Liberals have got as much chance of winning a General Election as I have of shagging Beyoncé.
Luckily no one has even suggested either of those as a possibility, but I reckon the LDs have more chance of their fantasy coming true than you do.

Top Bottom