Jubilee - celebrate, ignore or bemoan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
That's the spirit

We've got access to the park. If any of their kids want to play in the playground, they'll have to come through us.

mudsticks

Squire
In that case my advice would be to avoid Glasgow. I'm only half joking too, unless you'd like to witness some staunch royalism on display.

Oh that sounds fun..
But I'll be sure not to make any off colour remarks about her Madge..

There was some kind of marching hoo ha going on when I was up in early September at last year.

As if the downtown one way system isn't enough 'fun' by itself.

They then closed half the roads so as to confuse us out of towners even more.

Won't have a car this time though - I've vowed never drive in Glasgow ever again.

Anyhoo, walking n cycling much more fun..
Although I do love the Metro too.

The sheer elegance, of

This away >>>>

Or that away <<<<<

Round and round, and only in Orange 🧡 appeals very much to a simpleton such as I
😊

slowmotion

What's your take?

I have been trying to ignore everything to do with the house of Windsor since being a teenager, but occasionally enjoy a moan about them.

I don't like the privilege when so many are disrespected.
I don't like the extravagance when so many are struggling.
I don't like the fawning admiration of a family who are no less dysfunctional than most.

This is NACA! Bemoan, of course.

mudsticks

Squire

I'm still surprised at how many supposedly iconoclastic figures do accept 'honours' and invites from Queenie..

I mean I know having letters after yr name can open certain doors, and maybe get you better access to people and places where you can further your work for change, but still.

It all just seems a bit iccky, and gives credence to the same old systems of privelege and deference that we're supposedly trying to move away from..🤔

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

I'm still surprised at how many supposedly iconoclastic figures do accept 'honours' and invites from Queenie..

I mean I know having letters after yr name can open certain doors, and maybe get you better access to people and places where you can further your work for change, but still.

It all just seems a bit iccky, and gives credence to the same old systems of privelege and deference that we're supposedly trying to move away from..🤔

Wait till your turn comes!

Arise Lady Mudsticks!

Awarded for services to Agriculture and Ecology.

Now will you get on board with your role in the establishment?

winjim

I do think there's a place for some sort of honours system, it just happens that we have a constitutional monarch as our head of state which is why it looks like it does. But inviting Tatchell to a royal occasion is either ignorance or mockery.

mudsticks

Squire
Wait till your turn comes!

Arise Lady Mudsticks!

Awarded for services to Agriculture and Ecology.

Now will you get on board with your role in the establishment?

I've got a couple of friends in similar field who have received honours for same kind of work..

They keep very quiet about it unless a request from them with their letters afterwards will get them an audience with a particularly influential person...

I think the likelihood of me even getting offered one is very scant.

But I promise you if, I did I wouldn't..:angel:

If you see what I mean..

OP
OP
All uphill

All uphill

I've got a couple of friends in similar field who have received honours for same kind of work..

They keep very quiet about it unless a request from them with their letters afterwards will get them an audience with a particularly influential person...

I think the likelihood of me even getting offered one is very scant.

But I promise you if, I did I wouldn't..:angel:

If you see what I mean..

I'd love to be asked, just for the pleasure of refusing!

I'm guessing repairing neighbours bikes isn't going to do it.

winjim

I know people who've received honours and by and large they've worked hard and bloody well deserve them. I don't think it says anything about their opinions towards monarchy or empire that they decided to accept them although I understand why some may wish to decline.

Top Bottom