Jubilee - celebrate, ignore or bemoan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Oh jeez. Are you all gonna bang on about how brave you are in coming out, too? Tell us about your journey.

I bet the queen thought this thread would be about her. ha!

;-) [for clarity]

Oh jeez are we all going to have to accommodate the guy, who can't bear anyone talking about their feelings around their own personal difficulties or even happiness at somewhat overcoming them..

Showing empathy..

...the struggle is real...

;-) ;-)
For clarity

stephec

Regular
They did. This very day I am inducted into the club of adults with ADHD. I have superpowers and proud.
Is that your excuse for wearing your undies over your trousers?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Somebody on our street's WhatsApp group has now suggested that we invite the next street over to our party. I'm not sure why we should accommodate that bunch of bastards, I might try and organise a jubilee punch up and chase them off. There's more of us, I reckon we could have them.

winjim

Surely it would be more in the Jubilee spirit to take the fight to them. Invade their street. Perhaps install one of your residents as a proxy ruler. Do they have any natural resources you can exploit? Anybody got a nice orchard or vegetable patch?

The allotments are further down the main road but we could use the residents as a source of labour. We need a flag don't we.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Somebody on our street's WhatsApp group has now suggested that we invite the next street over to our party. I'm not sure why we should accommodate that bunch of bastards, I might try and organise a jubilee punch up and chase them off. There's more of us, I reckon we could have them.

Why fight them?, that is a bit 19th century, you could always make friendly overtures to them, then, forceably move anyone in your street, who you don’t like the look of, to their street.

Last edited:

winjim

Why fight them?, that is a bit 19th century, you could always make friendly overtures to them, then, forceably move anyone in your street, who you don’t like the look of, to their street.
As long as we can maintain control over the little bit that connects the two streets, the neighbourhood Strait if you will. For security reasons.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
As long as we can maintain control over the little bit that connects the two streets, the neighbourhood Strait if you will. For security reasons.

Oh yes, you must have control of your boarders ;)

I wouldn't worry, when the nu rools about nimby voting go on the statutes, your neighbours have voted to have your house demolished, so enjoy while you can....

Beebo

Veteran
You can’t allow the riffraff in.
I think you need to organise a trench digging posse. And commandeer everyone’s dining room table to form a barricade.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Passing back through Glasgow that weekend so if there's any high jinks on offer, I might partake .

Don't get the fascination that the Royal family hold for some people in this country.

In that case my advice would be to avoid Glasgow. I'm only half joking too, unless you'd like to witness some staunch royalism on display.

Top Bottom