Israel / Palestine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Über Member
I think the key point is that up until now Iran has not directly attacked Israel.

Israel, of course, has a long history of attacks on Iran.

Indeed. It is actually quite surprising the restraint shown by the IR considering the number of their nuclear scientists assassinated by Israel in Iran.

All those assassinations were ignored, if not actively cheered by the "rules based international order" supporting nations. Can anyone imagine what would have happened if the IR had targeted a single Israeli scientist in Tel Aviv?

C R

Über Member
Taking a step back, it's not very heartening to view where the potential conflict with Iran might lead in the light of 6 months of conflict in Gaza.

After 7/10 Israel should have had three objectives: the disarm Hamas, release the hostages, and strengthen its relationship with allied nations. It has largely failed in the first two, and reversed the third. Instead, it has squandered the sympathy it enjoyed in the early weeks of the conflict turning itself into a pariah state, earning the opprobrium of allied western nations and making it very hard for Arab states who wish to cooperate. In Gaza itself, it has not only killed an unfeasible number of people and destroyed the fabric of civilian life it has also created a humanitarian disaster about which the people of Israel are in denial, choosing instead to give in to the desire for revenge.

Nethanyahu cannot have handled this any worse. It has been enabled by decades of dehumanising the Palestinians. Where do they go from here?

I am nowhere near that optimistic. Israel was well on their way to become a pariah up until they managed to goad Iran into an attack. The IR imbeciles fell into the trap, and now the plight of the Palestinians is all but forgotten.

C R

Über Member
Screenshot_20240420-105721_WhatsApp.jpg

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I am nowhere near that optimistic. Israel was well on their way to become a pariah up until they managed to goad Iran into an attack. The IR imbeciles fell into the trap, and now the plight of the Palestinians is all but forgotten.

I wouldn’t worry, next week’s public outrage charts will probably have a new leader. Ukraine has been slipping a bit recently but is due a resurge.

Indeed. It is actually quite surprising the restraint shown by the IR considering the number of their nuclear scientists assassinated by Israel in Iran.

All those assassinations were ignored, if not actively cheered by the "rules based international order" supporting nations. Can anyone imagine what would have happened if the IR had targeted a single Israeli scientist in Tel Aviv?
Iran and ignoring? that's a bit ''ignorant'' who are the rumored sponsor of this terror attack against Isreal on the 7 of October? again? oh wait it was Iran.. Totally Isreal's fault then right?
Still curious how that computes in your mind, in the Iran topic you spend much of your time claiming how bad Iran is(which i don't dispute just to be clear) and then the topic is about jews/Isreal and you seem to make a full uturn and pretent Iran's a farkling angel. Also just because Iran did not succeed does not mean they haven't tried. Maybe there attempts where so pathetic it didn't even make headlines.

C R

Über Member
Iran and ignoring? that's a bit ''ignorant'' who are the rumored sponsor of this terror attack against Isreal on the 7 of October? again? oh wait it was Iran.. Totally Isreal's fault then right?
Still curious how that computes in your mind, in the Iran topic you spend much of your time claiming how bad Iran is(which i don't dispute just to be clear) and then the topic is about jews/Isreal and you seem to make a full uturn and pretent Iran's a farkling angel. Also just because Iran did not succeed does not mean they haven't tried. Maybe there attempts where so pathetic it didn't even make headlines.

I know you think that history started on the 7th of October 2023, but some of us have been around for much longer, and can read about things that happened before we were around.

multitool

Shaman
Just turned on the BBC news to see a report of the Jewish man threatened with arrest at a pro-Palestine march this weekend, with calls for Met chief to resign :rolleyes:

No mention that the man just happened to be there with his own film crew, and that his name is Gideon Falter, and is a pro-Israel paid lobbyist, nor that he was there to provoke a confrontation.

CXRAndy

Veteran
No one should feel threatened on London's streets, especially when the police were stood around. You should be allowed to move freely, have an opposing standpoint. Police were and are not doing a proper job.

multitool

Shaman
No one should feel threatened on London's streets, especially when the police were stood around. You should be allowed to move freely, have an opposing standpoint. Police were and are not doing a proper

Feel threatened? The pro-Palestine marches have been exceptionally peaceful and contain many jewish people.

Gideon Falter was there in the hope of provoking an incident. All he needs is a ready supply of mugs.

Meanwhile there are reports coming out of Gaza of mass graves being uncovered with executed victims. No mention of this on our very partisan news service.

CXRAndy

Veteran
There are likely mass graves, when the Israeli army engages with hamas, the tend to kill all those who fight back which has been dozens to hundreds initially.

C R

Über Member
Feel threatened? The pro-Palestine marches have been exceptionally peaceful and contain many jewish people.

Gideon Falter was there in the hope of provoking an incident. All he needs is a ready supply of mugs.

Meanwhile there are reports coming out of Gaza of mass graves being uncovered with executed victims. No mention of this on our very partisan news service.

Mishal Hussain just wiped the floor with Braverman over the Falter incident.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I had a gallows chuckle to myself listening to the radio earlier when the presenter was asking someone about the discovery of mass graves, which went along the lines of:

"So a massive grave has been discovered."

"Yes, the Israeli government is looking into it."

Top Bottom