FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

You really can't see beyond yourself can you?

Similarly to @winjim we have been following covid protocols for our work. My wife is a deputy head - so any sign of a cough or cold, an LFT test is done on the whole family. We had one incidence of a positive test which then required a PCR (negative). On a couple of other occasions where she has had close contact with someone who tested positive, she has gone straight for a PCR test. I test less, because I go out less.

The point of the tests is to establish whether you have Covid and need to isolate in order not to give it to other vulnerable people.

Obviously no-one wants Covid as it has some very negative outcomes for some people. I'm asthmatic and prone to chest infections, so I'd prefer not to get it. I therefore find it selfish when people can't be arsed to carry out basic preventative hygiene - so mask wearing and not coughing in peoples faces etc. I find it selfish when people work on self-checkouts, the highest risk area of a store, and don't wear a mask.

I don't really understand why we can't continue to take basic precautions that have no negative effects at all, as suggested by virologists, other than Boris doesn't want to upset the shouty gammons.
What you all going to do from next week then?

If you test positive will you go off sick still and will you get paid?

Cirrus

the shouty gammons
TBH, this thread seems particularly rich with them, most shouting at @shep as he's not on song (he could also be on a wind up obvs)

D

Deleted member 28

the shouty gammons.
This really makes me laugh, who are the people whining about others not testing or wearing masks or whatever else 'we' do that you don't like?

'We' carry on going out in our 1000's and coughing and shouting and visiting packed pubs and venues and you accuse 'us' of being Gammons, take a long look at who does all the complaining about stuff!

D

Deleted member 28

TBH, this thread seems particularly rich with them, most shouting at @shep as he's not on song (he could also be on a wind up obvs)
No wind up here, I just like to put the other side across.

I do laugh when people accuse ME of being a Snowflake though, the very people who are frit to death to go out in public without their mask on and test themselves to death even if they have no symptoms.

D

Deleted member 49

What you all going to do from next week then?

If you test positive will you go off sick still and will you get paid?
Touch choice if it's a financial one and you can't afford to.

Johnno260

Regular
No wind up here, I just like to put the other side across.

I do laugh when people accuse ME of being a Snowflake though, the very people who are frit to death to go out in public without their mask on and test themselves to death even if they have no symptoms.

Freedom of choice, if someone wants to be cautious a wear a mask that's their business.

Johnno260

Regular
Absolutely agree, should give those who don't the same curtesy?

I don't either way, especially in the current situation.

But from an anecdotal point of view I have been challenged for wearing masks, but again I have a prominent anti vaxer who is virtually a neighbour so I get a lot of her followers around here.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Absolutely agree, should give those who don't the same curtesy?
Mask wearing and testing gives more freedom to a greater number of people.

D

Deleted member 28

I don't either way, especially in the current situation.

But from an anecdotal point of view I have been challenged for wearing masks, but again I have a prominent anti vaxer who is virtually a neighbour so I get a lot of her followers around here.
I've heard, I couldn't give a t*ss who does what until accusations about what I do start being fired around.

Test all you like, wear a mask 24/7 but don't lecture me on what I should be doing and go around calling people snowflakes and Gammons because they don't do what you do.

Pretty simple concept really don't you think?

D

Deleted member 28

Mask wearing and testing gives more freedom to a greater number of people.
So if I start wearing a mask next time I go up the Molineux little old Mable down the road will feel a lot safer and start going out?

Can't see it myself can you, or, if all 30'000 of us wore a mask then the odd few who have stopped going might return?

Johnno260

Regular
Testing is a powerful tool to stop the spread, some jobs necessitate it.

For example should my wife stop testing and potentially take a virus onto a high dependency unit, where the patients have zero chance of fighting this infection off?

I wear a mask as I have had the virus and I'm still paying for it in health terms, why would I want to risk potentially catching it again and giving someone else the nonsense I have had to deal with.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
So if I start wearing a mask next time I go up the Molineux little old Mable down the road will feel a lot safer and start going out?

Can't see it myself can you, or, if all 30'000 of us wore a mask then the odd few who have stopped going might return?
If you're not wearing a mask then you are excluding vulnerable people from sharing the space you're in.

Masks allow freedom.

Reactions: mjr

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
You really can't see beyond yourself can you?

Similarly to @winjim we have been following covid protocols for our work. My wife is a deputy head - so any sign of a cough or cold, an LFT test is done on the whole family. We had one incidence of a positive test which then required a PCR (negative). On a couple of other occasions where she has had close contact with someone who tested positive, she has gone straight for a PCR test. I test less, because I go out less.

The point of the tests is to establish whether you have Covid and need to isolate in order not to give it to other vulnerable people.

Obviously no-one wants Covid as it has some very negative outcomes for some people. I'm asthmatic and prone to chest infections, so I'd prefer not to get it. I therefore find it selfish when people can't be arsed to carry out basic preventative hygiene - so mask wearing and not coughing in peoples faces etc. I find it selfish when people work on self-checkouts, the highest risk area of a store, and don't wear a mask.

I don't really understand why we can't continue to take basic precautions that have no negative effects at all, as suggested by virologists, other than Boris doesn't want to upset the shouty gammons.

They haven't made it illegal to take these precautions, so, nobody stopping from doing so, if you wish to.

Top Bottom