F*ck the Tories: a Thread Dedicated to Suella Braverman

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Having done lots of soft, effeminate manly childcare, all it means to me is baby vomit. So now I an even more confused.

But not about my gender identity, fortunately.
It's also the name an old timey pudding, often milky.
Often curdled..

Lemon posset is actually very good..😊

Don't know if the pudding stole the name from babies upchuck, or vice versa.. 🤔

glasgowcyclist

Ãœber Member
Surely God made non conforming and gay people, just as he made straight and gender conforming people?

Your dealing with Unkraut, who seems to believe that homosexuality is a lifestyle. It’s an odd view to take.

D

Deleted member 49

How did you guess? Not entirely consensual shagging if I read it right.
I was quite interested in Buddhism once....spent a good few years in Asia.I thought at one point I'd found Nivarna in Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism,gorgeous place but I suspect now it was more the girl I was going out with than the religion 🙄
As for the above read a article on it....well the British Guru/sex case so to speak.I think there was a documentary on it once.Cant help thinking as Mudsticks has said that it seems at odds with being a Tory lol.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Well yes, I appreciate I am arguing rationality in what is, for some people, a matter of faith. I'm not trying to convince him. It's more trying to suggest that the idea of accepting people who are non conforming isn't incompatible with the Christian concept of a loving God, rather than the 'love the sinner, hate the sin' approach which I think Unkraut has (if I understand him correctly).
Your dealing with Unkraut, who seems to believe that homosexuality is a lifestyle. It’s an odd view to take.

mudsticks

Squire
I was quite interested in Buddhism once....spent a good few years in Asia.I thought at one point I'd found Nivarna in Tibet and Tibetan Buddhism,gorgeous place but I suspect now it was more the girl I was going out with than the religion 🙄
As for the above read a article on it....well the British Guru/sex case so to speak.I think there was a documentary on it once.Cant help thinking as Mudsticks has said that it seems at odds with being a Tory lol.
It's hard to reconcile a philosophy of peaceful selflessness, and unity of all humanity, self knowledge, and communion with a universal conciousness, with what Tories generally espouse.

They seem far more keen to encourage greed is good, competition, let the devil take the hindmost', divisive tribalism and selfishness .

I just don't see how you can promote all that in your day job, then with good conscience retire of an evening to meditate on on the teachings of Buddha.. ??

Oh well.. Another of life's great mysteries .

Rusty Nails

Country Member

I used to have someone working for me who in just about every aspect was a loving, kind and helpful person, but she was extremely rigid in her views on Christianity and was very sad for me in that, although she liked me and had no problems with the way I treated people, she was convinced that I was never going to to be allowed past the pearly gates after death.

She's probably right, none of us will.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
I used to have someone working for me who in just about every aspect was a loving, kind and helpful person, but she was extremely rigid in her views on Christianity and was very sad for me in that, although she liked me and had no problems with the way I treated people, she was convinced that I was never going to to be allowed past the pearly gates after death.

Why ever not?

mudsticks

Squire

To be honest would you want to be, given the kind of company you'd have to keep??

All those pious fun sponges, trying to get you to sing kumbaya??😳😇

she was convinced that I was never going to to be allowed past the pearly gates after death.

I ride past Purley Gate most days.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2005/nov/12/longtermcare.uknews

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I think you may have missed the obvious flaw in this line of argument.
I had a suspicion you would say that! My problem with those who deny a creator is that they won't follow through with the implications of that, namely that each person does that which is right in his own (or his group's) eyes.
It's more trying to suggest that the idea of accepting people who are non conforming isn't incompatible with the Christian concept of a loving God, ...
Where do you get the idea that God is loving? I don't mean this as a wind up either.

mudsticks

Squire
I had a suspicion you would say that! My problem with those who deny a creator is that they won't follow through with the implications of that, namely that each person does that which is right in his own (or his group's) eyes.

Where do you get the idea that God is loving? I don't mean this as a wind up either.

How are you so sure that your group.

'The Christians' let's call them - has got an absolute handle on what this 'creator figure' 'thinks' is correct, or incorrect action..??

And do you really believe that humans are so feeble minded so as to not to be able to discern what constitutes humane treatment of other humans??

What is 'helpful' and what is not helpful.??

That we cant discern ethical behaviour towards other living creatures, avoid causing suffering wherever possible..??

Not to mention respectful treatment of this planets ecosystems and resources??

Of course many humans don't treat other humans well, or do any of the other things that it is highly apparent that we should, or shouldn't be doing, to live together well.

But that seems to be very much the case, in or out of the presence of a 'belief' in a 'creator' .

There's plenty of so called religious men who have committed terrible crimes down the years..
Often under cover of 'the church'

There was that case in the US the other day where a 'pastor' had 'accidently' had sex with a 14 yr old girl..
Mistaking her for his wife..

Apparently ..

And then carried on doing it for another four years..

I don't see how any religion that can have such things going on, within the ranks of its authority, can have any credible claim to be telling other people what they should or shouldn't do with their own bodies..

The hypocrisy, is in truth quite mindblowing...

We’ve been here before. I don’t have to deny your creator. Since it’s your belief, not mine, it falls to you to provide evidence if you feel so inclined.

As for the rest, yes, people will usually do those things they believe, or have been conditioned to accept, or feel instinctively as right. That seems obvious and uncontroversial. I‘m not sure why you see it as a gotcha.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member

From the New Testament as I presumed we were talking about God as espoused in Christianity. God as presented in the OT is pretty wrathful on occasions, I admit.

Top Bottom