Bibby Stockholm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let the bodies pile high...

The Home Office has told an asylum seeker with tuberculosis they are going to be moved onto the Bibby Stockholm barge, i can reveal.

The doctor treating the migrant is trying to prevent the move and has warned of a “public health catastrophe in the making”.

Dr Dominik Metz, a GP for more than 250 asylum seekers in Oxfordshire, told i that 10 of his patients have received letters from the Home Office saying they would be moved to the barge.

https://inews.co.uk/news/home-office-asylum-seeker-tb-bibby-stockholm-health-fears-2537035

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Let the bodies pile high...

The Home Office has told an asylum seeker with tuberculosis they are going to be moved onto the Bibby Stockholm barge, i can reveal.

The doctor treating the migrant is trying to prevent the move and has warned of a “public health catastrophe in the making”.

Dr Dominik Metz, a GP for more than 250 asylum seekers in Oxfordshire, told i that 10 of his patients have received letters from the Home Office saying they would be moved to the barge.

https://inews.co.uk/news/home-office-asylum-seeker-tb-bibby-stockholm-health-fears-2537035

Oh dear, we don’t want that spreading do we?, perhaps he/she (they?) should be housed in splendid isolation? Presumably he / she is not being housed with others now?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The whole thing is an indefensible farce.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
The Mirror is reporting that the Home Office became aware of the presence of the disease on Wednesday evening but continued to move asylum seekers onto the barge on Thursday.

That’s the measure of this Tory government - happy to put vulnerable people in jeopardy for their own ends. They are beneath contempt.

Edit to add: According to The Guardian, contractors Landry & Kling learned of the positive result on Monday evening but didn’t brief the HO for two more days.

I won’t hold my breath waiting for those involved to face any sort of repercussions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom