Bibby Stockholm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tend to agree lack of fresh air must also have played a big part.

Come to think of it, it's likely some of the migrants were in the back of an unventilated shipping container, just one that had been plonked on the back of artic.

I was on a stag night once and a mate picked us all up in a refridgerated van. It was far too cold with the fridge on, so he turned it off. We only did a 10 minute journey and even that was more than long enough due to it being airtight and no fresh air. It's an awful lot worse than it sounds, so hours/days in there is no surprise that people died :sad:

• Sad
Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
yes-and-no; it's rarely their working life for very long. They either leave due to injury, or earn enough to setup a more normal life.
(I guess some get promoted to positions with more ... "perks" ... )

You clearly do not know the same rig-workers as I do.

matticus

Guru
You clearly do not know the same rig-workers as I do.

Well I never claimed to know ALL of them! I'm just giving my impression from the ones I've spoken to. A sample that is slightly biased by them being in different jobs now ;-)

It seems to make sense - the "28 on - 14 off" lifestyle isn't very sustainable, long-term.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Probably, in reality, not handsome enough!!

I couldn't have done it as a youngster never mind now when I'm still 30 months from State Pension.

Such is life. I could have been a Premier League footballer, at any age, because, I am crap at football.

D

Deleted member 28

That. Exactly.

And I suspect the Asylum Seekers will (a) have fewer facilities and (b) be occupying at higher density.

Perhaps seeking asylum somewhere on 'dry land ' would have been less of a bind?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Been to shittier hotels

Same here.

The publicity is a double edged sword for the government.

It may achieve its aim of allaying the complaints of the woke lefties who think each migrant should be put up in the Ritz.

But it will only make migrants stuck in truly grotty places such as Calais more determined then ever to get to the land of (free) milk and honey.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Err, they didn't enter illegally did they?

If they pitched up on a boat with no papers they did.

Apols if this ship is strictly for those seeking asylum who arrived legally with papers.

One point still stands though, it makes the UK look even more attractive to those displaced persons who are currently living in really dreadful conditions on mainland Europe.

Top Bottom