Bibby Stockholm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
That boat looks exactly like what it is: a floating prison. The idea that Britain is some kind of welfare utopia is laughable, but it is a dream which has been successfully manufactured.

Are prisoners allowed to leave and arrive freely from Prison then?

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Are prisoners allowed to leave and arrive freely from Prison then?

Cat D? Yep. Well, there are restrictions, but pretty much.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
If they pitched up on a boat with no papers they did.

This 👇 really should be a sticky at the top of every thread on asylum. Others have pointed this out repeatedly in the past, as have I.

The UK’s High Court has ruled that it is legitimate for someone seeking asylum to do so in the UK after passing through other ‘safe’ countries, and the UK Court of Appeal has ruled that those who cross the Channel to claim asylum here are not breaking the law by arriving in the UK this way.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wonder if the inhabitants get a little chocolate on their pillow on arrival, and a copy of The Sun outside their door every morning to peruse at their leisure?

Pale Rider

Veteran
I wonder if the inhabitants get a little chocolate on their pillow on arrival, and a copy of The Sun outside their door every morning to peruse at their leisure?

I do hope so, although given they have time on their hands, a copy of Britain's other great newspaper, the Daily Mail, might be more useful because there's so much in it.

OP
OP
AndyRM

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I suppose either would work well as a further tool to convince them they aren't welcome and should jump into La Manche and strike out for Calais...

Pale Rider

Veteran
I suppose either would work well as a further tool to convince them they aren't welcome and should jump into La Manche and strike out for Calais...

They would merely be better informed for when they moved into the wider community.

The idea of reverse boat people is an interesting one.

I understand there are hundreds of boats stored at Dover ready to make the return journey.

Pale Rider

Veteran
The Portland Argus and Bugle? Probably full of adverts and letters from "Outraged of Front Street: This isn't what I voted for".

Sounds like a right riveting read, but these are men in fear of their lives, public money must not be spared so give 'em the Mail and the Bugle.

Top Bottom