Benefits Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

And what is the story on Octodad? Oh, there isn't one, right... because there never is.
I believe the same fella fathered them all, so I guess he was around for a while?

He should be taking responsibility as well, obviously.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

Can anyone be sure that Ms Buchan has more children than the Prime Minister? She has the same number of children as Rod Stewart. And Mick Jagger. And - LOL - Clint Eastwood. Eddie Murphy has ten.
They claim benefits for them though and moan about it?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
At what point in life should people take responsibility for their own actions in wokeworld?
There's been a thread started for this subject, but before we take it over there, you do realise in the context of your question that six of the children are minors, right?
Yes, I did realise that, but, presumably, the children did not conceive and/or give birth to themselves?,
That is almost exactly the point I was trying to make although I was trying to figure out where shep was coming from in case we were going round in circles.

OP
OP
Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Anything you like, have as many kids as you like, claim what you're entitled to but don't start whinging about the system not working.

If the system's not working, like the benefit cap that even the Minister responsible, Lord Freud, now admits was red meat for the tabloids, why would you not shout up?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Only the six under 18 would qualify for Child Tax Credit or for the Child Element in Universal Credit. As in my OP £500 looks about right on tax credits and JSA. Because of the Cap she'd lose all but 50p of Housing Benefit but would still need to pay the rent in full and, in most places, a contribution to Council Tax.

She'd be expected to look for work but only outside school time as the youngest is under 13. That doesn't stop her taking work and paying for childcare, with support in UC or Tax Credits, but the cost would likely be prohibitive.

If however she could find 16hours a week @ £9/hr then she'd be a lot better off as she'd escape the cap.

OTOH with 6 school age children, even without pandemic related issues at school, would she have satisfactory attendance?

It would appear she has followed the "16 hour" route, but, no mention of hourly rate.

Screenshot 2021-11-29 at 19.13.02.png

D

Deleted member 28

I suspect he's still around but cohabiting probs mucks up the business model .
If it was anything like where I grew up the Dad would leave, get his own council house and claim more benefits for being on his own and would flit between the Two houses. This was the '70's though.

Top Bottom