After the Colston four, the Gill one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It will never be factually correct to say that 2Pac was actually mainly a gangster. His roots were sound. There came a point where rap music was infiltrated or at least channeled by commercial pressures, and 'gangsta rap' suited the money, for a time. I hope this was the point you were making.
Well that depends a bit on how you see it, but that's the same with Churchill, Colston and many many others.
While some might have been ar$eholes it seems the norm today to concentrate on how they did wrong, how 28th generations further apparently people are still victim of it and so further and so forth.
But if gansta rap suited his dirty money, why is it ok to kill statues of poeple who might/have/etc. traded slaves, why is someone who encourages a death cult like most gangs and gansters are than some kind of a cult hero?
That was exactly my point, put the now politically correct hero up only to be killed again when they realise it isn't correct anymore.. keeps em busy right?
But there's also a pointlessness in it all i mean, with removing an statue killing it or otherwise, it changes nothing about the memory of said person, it changes nothing about the memory of those who want to see that person in a certain way.
And you don't need to remove the statue if you want others to learn the other side of said person...

or to translate it for those who say something like ''word soup'' because my opinion doesn't really suits theirs..
Why should the past action or one person be worse than the past action of a other person if the end result is the same? This being deaths, pain and suffering.
And if we accept that, why do we accept the killing of statues, while we know it does absolutely nothing?

I wonder how many degrees of separation there are between the actions of Edward Colston and the situation in which Tupac Shakur found himself.
Different timeframe almost the same result, many deaths or suffering people due to their actions..

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Different timeframe almost the same result, many deaths or suffering people due to their actions
I'm not sure that you've understood the point I was trying to make.

D

Deleted member 28

Oh please, do indulge us Jim. :blush:

It's the kind of thing that brings us back here, time and again :becool:
Yes please do and link us to something that might change my mind, is Hip Hop Rap music then?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Maybe they should replace it with Tupac or something, then they can send statue killers a few years later when it's political correct enough to say that Tupac was actually mainly an gangster and therefore the killing of the statue is justified. Does make me wonder until what levels that ''i destroy something because it suits my political views is justified'' does it applies to humans, animals? is it statues only? or is Boris's car included too?
Or they replace it with a big mirror.. instead of a statue
:wacko:

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
They might be in someone's opinion.
Obviously, but not personally enjoying or appreciating something doesn't make it intrinsically bad or rubbish - it just means you don't like it. Hip-hop/rap is a massive, diverse musical genre which has been around since the 70s, giving it several generations of history and evolution. You haven't heard all of it - there might be something there you'd love.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I can't stand beetroot and just don't know why other people do.
Yes but nobody is claiming that beetroot itself encourages and even glorifies the act of pickling rather than being the product of a system which has for years resulted in the systematic application of vinegar to particularly purple coloured root vegetables.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yes but nobody is claiming that beetroot itself encourages and even glorifies the act of pickling rather than being the product of a system which has for years resulted in the systematic application of vinegar to particularly purple coloured root vegetables.
Only someone who is pickled would think of something like that.

Top Bottom