After the Colston four, the Gill one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any views on the Gill sculpture, Shep?
Maybe they should replace it with Tupac or something, then they can send statue killers a few years later when it's political correct enough to say that Tupac was actually mainly an gangster and therefore the killing of the statue is justified. Does make me wonder until what levels that ''i destroy something because it suits my political views is justified'' does it applies to humans, animals? is it statues only? or is Boris's car included too?
Or they replace it with a big mirror.. instead of a statue

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Maybe they should replace it with Tupac or something, then they can send statue killers a few years later when it's political correct enough to say that Tupac was actually mainly an gangster and therefore the killing of the statue is justified. Does make me wonder until what levels that ''i destroy something because it suits my political views is justified'' does it applies to humans, animals? is it statues only? or is Boris's car included too?
Or they replace it with a big mirror.. instead of a statue
It will never be factually correct to say that 2Pac was actually mainly a gangster. His roots were sound. There came a point where rap music was infiltrated or at least channeled by commercial pressures, and 'gangsta rap' suited the money, for a time. I hope this was the point you were making.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I wonder how many degrees of separation there are between the actions of Edward Colston and the situation in which Tupac Shakur found himself.

mudsticks

Squire
I wonder how many degrees of separation there are between the actions of Edward Colston and the situation in which Tupac Shakur found himself.

If you go via social anthropology probs only one step of separation ..

Have fun with that 👍🏼

D

Deleted member 28

It will never be factually correct to say that 2Pac was actually mainly a gangster. His roots were sound. There came a point where rap music was infiltrated or at least channeled by commercial pressures, and 'gangsta rap' suited the money, for a time. I hope this was the point you were making.
ALL rap music is a crime in my opinion, fookin rubbish!

D

Deleted member 49

Quite liked Tupac...RIP.Watched a documentary recently about his killing and death.
I didn't know his mum,now deceased was a political activist and former Black Panthers member.
Anyway he was a million miles from Gill,not sure I see the point of the comparison either.

Top Bottom