Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
compromise, quid-pro-quo, sucking-up, influential allies, plus ability and good PR.
I can tolerate #1, #2 and of course #5 is good. The rest suspect or worse.
And for balance, I don't usually do Twitter, but there are ways...

Peter Hitchens

@ClarkeMicah
·
8h

Let me say it again. Those who have leaked the details oif the Downing Street wine and cheese parties have known about them since they happened. Why have they chosen to go public *now*? #coincidencetheoristsoftheworldunite.

D

Deleted member 49

No. I don't think that Corbyn, May, Starmer, Milliband, Brown, Major could accurately be described as scumbags, depending on your definition.
The way politics is today (and not just in this country imo) there has to be compromise, quid-pro-quo, sucking-up, influential allies, plus ability and good PR. All of which are unfortunate except in some dream world but I do not see that changing anytime soon.
I wouldn't hesitate in calling Blair a scumbag....
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...labour-party-to-win-an-election-10406928.html

stowie

I see that Cummings is going "classic Dom" again.

He is saying that Johnson lied to parliament. Well, I couldn't be more surprised....

mjr

Let me say it again. Those who have leaked the details oif the Downing Street wine and cheese parties have known about them since they happened. Why have they chosen to go public *now*? #coincidencetheoristsoftheworldunite.
It's one year on from the party subject of the first leak. Someone fired during the year probably thought back to what they were doing that time last year.

Then, once one leak starts, it gets bigger and eventually the dam bursts...

D

Deleted member 49

As much a I like the constant drip of leaks about Tory party's and corruption.It wouldn't of been the wisest move at the height of lockdowns for them to show to the plebs what they were up to?
Would of been mayhem central at spoons !

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
It's one year on from the party subject of the first leak. Someone fired during the year probably thought back to what they were doing that time last year.

Then, once one leak starts, it gets bigger and eventually the dam bursts...
Er, I didn't say that stuff. It was a Peter Hitchens twitter post. I can imagine Dominic Cummings timing simply for maximum fallout but he is not a nutter. I suspect Peter Hitchens of having an inside line on nutters. Perhaps I'm wrong.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
No. I don't think that Corbyn, May, Starmer, Milliband, Brown, Major could accurately be described as scumbags, depending on your definition.
The way politics is today (and not just in this country imo) there has to be compromise, quid-pro-quo, sucking-up, influential allies, plus ability and good PR. All of which are unfortunate except in some dream world but I do not see that changing anytime soon.

Isn't that the very definition of Politics?

mjr

Er, I didn't say that stuff. It was a Peter Hitchens twitter post. I can imagine Dominic Cummings timing simply for maximum fallout but he is not a nutter. I suspect Peter Hitchens of having an inside line on nutters. Perhaps I'm wrong.
Sorry. Your quoting was so bad, it was difficult to tell.

icowden

Legendary Member
That's easy. Someone got found out. It quickly became apparent that people had to be thrown under the bus to distract attention and let those at the top get away with it.

Unfortunately that strategy only works if everyone else trusts the ones at the top not to throw them under the bus next...
It looks like loyalty is not something that Boris and Chums inspire.

Whoda thunk?

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
That's easy. Someone got found out. It quickly became apparent that people had to be thrown under the bus to distract attention and let those at the top get away with it.

Unfortunately that strategy only works if everyone else trusts the ones at the top not to throw them under the bus next...
It looks like loyalty is not something that Boris and Chums inspire.

Whoda thunk?
I rather think it was timed. Look at the other news. Meta-backstabbing.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It's a moot point whether it is more effective to release all incriminating stuff at the same time or drip feed it to prolong the agony/schadenfreude.

Drip feeding certainly looks to be taking its toll on Johnson.

Top Bottom