Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
He wasn't my choice...but I was prepared to give him a chance ? Now I'm not.
That's magnanimous of you. I could say the same about Corbyn, but you wouldn't believe it.

D

Deleted member 49

That's magnanimous of you. I could say the same about Corbyn, but you wouldn't believe it.
No i don't doubt you....but you fell for the lies.Your idea of what makes a good leader/party as you've explained turned you against him.You saw him as weak and ineffectual ?
You favour someone who looks the part,I look for someone willing to try and better things,shame really.
A case of style over substance lol

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
No i don't doubt you....but you fell for the lies.Your idea of what makes a good leader/party as you've explained turned you against him.You saw him as weak and ineffectual ?
You favour someone who looks the part,I look for someone willing to try and better things,shame really.

Isn't it necessary to have both?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Looks and acts the part. Not looks in the sense of dress/physical looks, but looks, to members of the public, that he/she knows how to lead.

I suppose the weakness in my argument is Johnson, but that is possibly because some people still believe that an Oxbridge, public school toff is bred to lead.

D

Deleted member 49

Looks and acts the part. Not looks in the sense of dress/physical looks, but looks, to members of the public, that he/she knows how to lead.
Forensic and flaggy ?
I suppose the weakness in my argument is Johnson, but that is possibly because some people still believe that an Oxbridge, public school toff is bred to lead.
Tories are going to vote Tory....do you honestly think Labours popularity is Starmer or do you think the Tories are losing support to other parties ?
He's ahead because of Johnson and nothing to do with his policies whatever they are.
Put Sunak as leader and watch them flock back.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Forensic and flaggy ?

Tories are going to vote Tory....do you honestly think Labours popularity is Starmer or do you think the Tories are losing support to other parties ?
He's ahead because of Johnson and nothing to do with his policies whatever they are.
Put Sunak as leader and watch them flock back.
Flaggy? Is that some strange local idiom that describes how he looks?

Labour's current popularity is definitely down to Johnson's current unpopularity. There's a long time for Tories to return to their normal values, but I hope that this has been a wake up call for those who voted Tory for the first time 2 1/2 years ago as to what those values really are.

Sunak would be a worry as a Tory leader, but I hope that Truss, the opportunist Thatcher wannabee, would get the job as she would soon show she's all fur coat and no knickers.

mjr

Whereas it turns out he's led to bread... and cakes... and drinkies... especially during lockdowns.

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
Policy and principle are vital, but without a person who is accepted by the party and the electorate as a good leader they will not get to execute those policies.
Ok, I think I need to make a very political answer to this, and I'm afraid it's in the form of another question. Could the reason such a leader is hard to find, in any party, be that you have to be too much of a scumbag to get to the top of that tree?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Could we keep this thread for the boundless Tory corruption and maybe start another for the merits of the Labour party leadership?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Ok, I think I need to make a very political answer to this, and I'm afraid it's in the form of another question. Could the reason such a leader is hard to find, in any party, be that you have to be too much of a scumbag to get to the top of that tree?
No. I don't think that Corbyn, May, Starmer, Milliband, Brown, Major could accurately be described as scumbags, depending on your definition.
The way politics is today (and not just in this country imo) there has to be compromise, quid-pro-quo, sucking-up, influential allies, plus ability and good PR. All of which are unfortunate except in some dream world but I do not see that changing anytime soon.

Top Bottom