Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Your defence of manipulative, dishonest tactics make me want to donate some more beyond my monthly donation. You've just earned them £100. Their track record has been pretty good so far; judges tend to be conservative with a small c and prefer the rule of law to the rule of cheating scum.

Let's hope you're right.

The sudden and last minute escalation of costs just shows again (as if we needed reminding) what sort of low life chancers this gov really is made up of.

As you say the judgement should be on what is lawful, not so much on what the Conservative party want to pay someone else to justify on their behalf.

A bit more in the pot from me too.
(couldn't quite manage £100)

So how does that work? Is the £360,000 being funded by us taxpayers? (assuming they don't "win" the costs from the other side in court).

£360,000 is a lot of money to you and me .

But compared with the amount of our money 'our' government thinks it can shovel, unquestioned to its mates it's pretty small beans.

If the GLP by bringing this case can by exposing what's gone on, and at least slow down, if not 100% stem this blatant misuse of our funds then good for them.

Music to the Law Professionals ears

So what should people do, just shrug at the corruption.??

If people are increasingly prevented from legitimate protest, and others say people should go through more 'formal' channels to challenge corrupt government action, then what is that, if it's not the law.?

Of course you can easily adopt a lazy cynicism 'they're all the same ' attitude to just about everything in in politics.

But that doesnt actually make it true.

Personally I'm glad that a few people who could probably be earning higher fees elsewhere are prepared to do this, on behalf of the people of this country.

Pale Rider

Veteran
£372,350 pledged against the defenders of corruption so far. And against the likes of @pile raider too.

I'm not defending anything.

I know as much about the case as you - naff all.

The difference is you've already decided the government is at fault because, well, they just are.

Hopefully the judges will be less moronic.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Hopefully unlike Mr Rider, the Judges will be entirely independent and make a Judgement according to the law, rather than according to armchair warriors who have already decided what the "right" verdict should be.

Stop trying to twist what I said.

Given that I know 'naff all', as I posted, about the case, I am not prejudging it.

Those on here who are so keen to throw their money at the Good Law Project most certainly have pre-judged it.

Another thing, don't make the mistake of all single issue campaign loonies and assume just because i', not 100% for something I must be 110% against it.

It matters not to me if the Good Law Project wants to pursue this or any other case.

In common with I reckon about 99% of the population, I couldn't give a toss about the outcome.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Those on here who are so keen to throw their money at the Good Law Project most certainly have pre-judged it.
As you apparently know the contents of my mind, I won't need to point out to you that crowd funders are paying for funds in case of losing, and for GLP to continue to be able to hold the government to account. Nothing at all to do with prejudging, unless you're implying that we've already decided that the case is lost.

Pale Rider

Veteran
As you apparently know the contents of my mind, I won't need to point out to you that crowd funders are paying for funds in case of losing, and for GLP to continue to be able to hold the government to account. Nothing at all to do with prejudging, unless you're implying that we've already decided that the case is lost.

Are you in the habit of backing a side you hope will lose?

While my crystal ball is so clear, I'll guarantee if their lordships find in favour of the government, you will be one of those on here crying 'foul'.

In common with I reckon about 99% of the population, I couldn't give a toss about the outcome.
So much so that you tell the forum at every opportunity.

icowden

Legendary Member
Stop trying to twist what I said.
Given that I know 'naff all', as I posted, about the case, I am not prejudging it.

Eh? Just look back at your post old chap:-

The difference is you've already decided the government is at fault because, well, they just are.
Hopefully the judges will be less moronic.

So if it is moronic to decide the government is at fault, is it not equally moronic to decide that they are not?
Additionally, if the government has nothing to hide, then why not give full transparency and share all the details of the appointment process? Then there would be no need for a court case. It's almost like they have something to hide...

Pale Rider

Veteran
So much so that you tell the forum at every opportunity.

Crap - a couple pf posts on the relevant thread.

Are you planning a return to reality anytime soon?

More crap - not everyone follows your dumb 'the government is always at fault' line.

Get over it.

to decide that they are not?

More crap.

I've posted before I have no idea of the rights and wrongs of this case.

How many more times?

The very best of good old British luck with that one.

Oh dear, what I have done to upset diddums?

Here, have a Kleenex.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Crap - a couple pf posts on the relevant thread.

More crap - not everyone follows your dumb 'the government is always at fault' line.

Get over it.

More crap.

I've posted before I have no idea of the rights and wrongs of this case.

How many more times?

Oh dear, what I have done to upset diddums?

Here, have a Kleenex.
LOL it's nice how this little spin-off forum is bringing out your natural charm.

Top Bottom