Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
It all moves on so fast though doesnt it .??

One of my trainees won tickets to see them at Cardiff I think it was, back in the spring .

Another of her (even) more anarchically aligned friends didn't approve her going to see them , because apparently they're just a bunch of sold-out 'Libs' now..

Naturally she ignored him, and went anyway...

Kids today , eh.??

Oh yeah, that kind of left wing snobbery that means nobody's allowed to have any kind of success. Let's keep our political messaging within our clique, wouldn't want to broadcast it to the world now would we?

winjim

I was a bit disappointed watching an interview with the guitarists where they were discussing their influences. They said that everyone in the band was a fan of the Strokes who are The Worst.

Partner has a "thing" for the guitarist Mark Bowen,well he's a dentist and from Belfast so it doesn't suprise me !
I watch him in awe at the concerts,but have a uneasy feeling thinking I wouldn't like him doing a teeth check up on me Monday morning.

Nah, watch the interviews, he's chill. I didn't realise he was a dentist though.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Having had some slight connections with the 'music' business over the decades, I always wince a little when someone accuses a once ideologically pure artist of 'selling out'.

Makes me think of what a once-great artist said, in the long, long ago & far, far away:

All you know about me is what I've sold you, dumb fück
I sold out long before you'd ever even heard my name
I sold my soul to make a record, dip sh!t
And then you bought one

All you read and wear or see and
Hear on tv is a product begging for your
Fat-ass dirty dollar
So shut up and
Buy, buy, buy my new record
And buy, buy, buy, send more money
Fück you, buddy

mudsticks

Squire
Oh yeah, that kind of left wing snobbery that means nobody's allowed to have any kind of success. Let's keep our political messaging within our clique, wouldn't want to broadcast it to the world now would we?
Yes but only amusingly tiresome in this instance.
If it's proposed by such callow youth one can perhaps indulge / allow / forgive such cliquieness.

If it perpetuates into 'maturity' maybe not so much..

Anyhoo up, Mr Mudsticks
(what a funny idea 🤔) has persuaded me via the lure of tea and biscuits, and an early swim, to the beach..

He formed the advance guard last night as I was on 'chicken duty'.

I've done the refreshment part, so I guess it will have to be the more energetic bit now..

PXL_20220807_090312916~2.jpg

Wish me bouyancy..

stephec

Regular
Maybe, maybe not. But some attitudes are so egregious that they need to be addressed. It's not necessarily the case that one expects to change the opinion of the person displaying that attitude but it's more for the benefit of people who may be affected by similar issues to the ones being raised.

If it is trolling then that makes it even more reprehensible but I like to think that people have some decency.

Mine was more of a tongue in cheek reply sorry.

When I looked at your post I read it in my head with a Yoda voice, and then replied in a similar style which may not have transplanted it's self too well from my head to the page.

winjim

Mine was more of a tongue in cheek reply sorry.

When I looked at your post I read it in my head with a Yoda voice, and then replied in a similar style which may not have transplanted it's self too well from my head to the page.

I got that and didn't see anything wrong with it. And I was using a pop culture reference to make my point, the Star Wars quote is similar and would also have fit.

Edit: sorry I just looked back and see that you're replying because I quoted you. I didn't mean to include you in that reply, I think I had you quoted because I was going to make some Star Wars joke or other but didn't in the end.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I'm not going to get into any kind of argument with you but I will make these points.

1) I'm def not a woman, as Mr Cookiemonster will testify to. :laugh:
2) I've never found cancer funny and I've never joked about it at any point ever. A dreadful accusation that you need to apologise for. Although, I'm not holding my breath.
3) Its been mentioned that you have been vile to everyone here so don't be too surprised when this nastiness bites you on the arse eventually.
4) When you told me about cancer, the offending post was immediatly removed and I apologised to you for it. If you cannot accept that apology, I can't do anything more.
5) Time to take the giant chip off your shoulder and ditch the victim mentality.
6) Grow the f*ck up.

That's all folks!

Hahahahaha…..sorry Mrs cookiemonster, but youve played the victim for far too long.

but you did find someone who cant have children funny, until you found the reasons why, cause your a toss post of the highest order.

now stop playing the victim and go and wash the dishes, ttheres a good girl.

Hahahahaha…..sorry Mrs cookiemonster, but youve played the victim for far too long.

but you did find someone who cant have children funny, until you found the reasons why, cause your a toss post of the highest order.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlQvsPLYbUCoXE4/giphy.gif

No I didn't. Show me where I laughed at cancer. :headshake:

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
For clarity, Jowwy did not say he 'couldn't' have children. He said this:

i dont have children.....and never will

I didn't see @cookiemonster 's original response but there is no way of inferring from the above post that Jowwy was incapable of having children, or that he had been seriously ill.

If you're going to misrepresent your own words in order to mount a vile, ad-hominem attack on somebody else - who has already unreservedly apologised for any inadvertent offence - it might make folk wonder exactly what else you're misrepresenting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom