Would you recognise Angela Rayner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Barnard Castle is in County Durham.

lazybloke

Regular
The police investigation started a few hours ago into its legality. How can you say for definite now that it was fully legal?

Hadn't seen that, but I welcome the clarification it will bring, one way or the other.

Meanwhile you're ignoring the ignoring the rest of my post

icowden

Legendary Member
The police investigation started a few hours ago into its legality. How can you say for definite now that it was fully legal?

Quite easily look:-

The Police investigated the allegations about Keir Starmer and were satisfied that no laws were broken.

Under great pressure from Government ministers and based on additional information provided to them, they have agreed to re-investigate the case based on the additional evidence provided.

D'you see?

Up until new evidence was provided the Police had declared the gathering to be legal. Now that they have new evidence, they are double checking. That's how the Police work.

Next step, a re-investigation of Barnards Castle presumably...

icowden

Legendary Member
Can you show us where you got this piece of detail from please? I don't see anywhere that they have said they are investigating due to great pressure from Government ministers.

Just pop the link in.

No problem. Do you not read the mainstream media?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/keir-starmer-investigated-covid-rules-b2073073.html
Emily Thornberry, Labour’s shadow attorney general, said Durham Constabulary had been “put under a lot of pressure” to investigate by Conservative MPs and right-wing news outlets.

“There’s lots of people who’ve been campaigning for the police to open this investigation, lots of Conservative MPs have been asking about it, lots of the Conservative-supporting newspapers have been making a big fuss about it,” she told Sky News.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/elections-keir-starmer-durham-police-b2073143.html
However, the issue was revived last week by Tory MP Richard Holden, who wrote to Durham’s chief constable Jo Farrell urging her to reopen the investigation.
And Conservative-leaning newspapers devoted their front pages day after day to the supposed scandal, establishing that a curry order totalling £200 was put in for up to 30 aides late that evening.

Questions were asked as to whether Sir Keir and his team had gone back to work, possibly as late as 11pm, after consuming the meal.

The row provided Conservative candidates with a response to voters who raised the matter of Partygate on the doorstep, effectively suggesting that, while Boris Johnson may have breached rules, other politicians had done the same.

So as a minimum, Richard Holden the Mail and the Torygraph have been pressuring Durham Police to re-investigate. It's almost like there was some sort of major political event looming at the time...

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
No problem. Do you not read the mainstream media?
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/keir-starmer-investigated-covid-rules-b2073073.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/elections-keir-starmer-durham-police-b2073143.html

So as a minimum, Richard Holden the Mail and the Torygraph have been pressuring Durham Police to re-investigate. It's almost like there was some sort of major political event looming at the time...
Ah, now I get it, you don't understand how the Government works do you?

I was hoping you could post up the link which related to Government ministers putting Durham police under pressure. Instead you have posted a quote from Emily Thornberry and not Durham Police. Basically a Labour MP has said she thinks they have been put under pressure by an MP and the right wing press. How is that in any way different to Labour MPs and The Guardian calling for investigations into Boris Johnson?

Now have another go at posting up a link showing that Government Ministers have demanded the inquiry. It is ok if you want to tell us you don't know the difference between an MP and a Minister too.

D

Deleted member 49

I'm not that bothered if the Scum and other sh1te rags are his down fall if he lied.He tried by giving interviews in this sh1trag and many on here said it was the way to go lol ....
Maybe it'll come back to bite him on the arse.

Top Bottom