Would you recognise Angela Rayner?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Veteran
Durham have already given Dominic Cummings a free pass with Barnard Castle.
There is an almost zero chance Starmer will get a fine.

stowie

On January 31st, being under investigation was a resigning matter for Keir Starmer. Strange how that has changed now he is under investigation.

"Honesty and decency matter. After months of denials the Prime Minister is now under criminal investigations for breaking his own lockdown laws. He needs to do the decent thing and resign." Keir Starmer's tweet.

Maybe not that honourable eh?

Isn't the issue that Johnson lied to Parliament and even before the investigation concluded, this could be considered a resigning offence?

Anyway, Starmer has pulled a bit of a blinder with the press conference. If he gets fined and goes it takes the high ground, if he doesn't get fined and doesn't resign he also takes the high ground.

Apparently Tory HQ were panicking and instructing their MPs not to call for Starmer's resignation in interview as they realised how this might play out.

The real question is why Beergate now? Baroness Mone - Tory life peer - had her home raided by the NCA who are conducting a fraud investigation into PPE Medpro who were paid £200M in "fast track" PPE equipment despite being registered with companies after being recommended by Mone and 25M gowns on a £122M contract being rejected for NHS use. I am sure the fact that Beergate happened to get new life at the same time is purely coincidental.

Where is Sue Gray and her report anyway?

D

Deleted member 49

Surely he already knows the outcome of the Police investigation, via contacts.I doubt very much there's a chance of a fine...
But I live in hope 🙄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Surely he already knows the outcome of the Police investigation, via contacts.I doubt very much there's a chance of a fine...
But I live in hope 🙄

My theory. Angela has inside knowledge that Starmer will get a fine, but, she will not, therefore, she encouraged this move ;)

lazybloke

Regular
On January 31st, being under investigation was a resigning matter for Keir Starmer. Strange how that has changed now he is under investigation.

"Honesty and decency matter. After months of denials the Prime Minister is now under criminal investigations for breaking his own lockdown laws. He needs to do the decent thing and resign." Keir Starmer's tweet.

Maybe not that honourable eh?
I see who is honourable.
One hand we have Starmer who has been exonerated by one police investigation and who has said he will step down if a 2nd police investigation does result in a FPN.

On the other hand we have Johnson, who was urged to resign by Starmer, not because of a police investigation, but because of a list of concerns that between 12th and 31st January included:
Findings of a culture of excessive workplace alcohol consumption (Sue Grey report)
Failure of leadership and judgement (also SG report)
Confirmation of 16 parties (also SG report)
Police investigation of 12 of those parties
And Johnson's own admission of wrong-doing (apology to the house over two weeks earlier on 12th January).

In his apology, Boris said he would "take responsibility". Almost 4 months and over 50 FPNs later, we're still waiting.

Oh dear, now there is a leaked Labour party memo organising the curry and beer :laugh:

He is toast isn't he?

Surely you can see the difference between organising a meal in the office for a campaign team who had been working all day compared to the number 10 Downing Street Animal House frat party mentality that presided over months of national lockdown?

People who can't are class A noblords.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Surely you can see the difference between organising a meal in the office for a campaign team who had been working all day compared to the number 10 Downing Street Animal House frat party mentality that presided over months of national lockdown?

People who can't are class A noblords.

You don't get it, I asume because you don't want to see it He has spent a couple of weeks telling you all it was a spur of the moment thing that wasn't arranged. Now it has come out they even knew the take away they would use weeks before, it has become 'of course it was planned, we had to eat'.

I asked earlier, how far in advance do you plan impromptu events?

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
One hand we have Starmer who has been exonerated by one police investigation and who has said he will step down if a 2nd police investigation does result in a FPN.
And you do see what he has done here don't you?

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Several things, including a demonstration of integrity and leadership?

Meanwhile, still waiting for Boris to deliver on his promise to take responsibility.

If they find he broke the rules, but don't fine him as the Constabulary has a policy of not retrospectively fining, then he can say 'I wasn't fined, I am staying'.

So not that much integrity really eh? He could have said 'If I am found to have broken the rules I will go', but he didn't say that, and please don't tell me that is what he means, he is a lawyer and ex-DPP he won't use language accidentally.

I am telling you, as much as you don't want to hear it, they are all the same.

You don't get it, I asume because you don't want to see it He has spent a couple of weeks telling you all it was a spur of the moment thing that wasn't arranged. Now it has come out they even knew the take away they would use weeks before, it has become 'of course it was planned, we had to eat'.

I asked earlier, how far in advance do you plan impromptu events?

That's not really what the issue is here.

It's was the beer and curry break against the rules at the time?

If it was Durham police will let us know. Then we may see a new leader of the opposition.

Lying scumbag w@nker Johnson will still be PM no doubt.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I searched for 'impromptu Starmer' and all I got was James Cleverly.

lazybloke

Regular
@Craig the cyclist , Starmer would be toast if he tried to to exercise such a technicality. In that situation I think he would take responsibility and resign.

I only wish that our current government would exhibit such principles.

It speaks volumes that you hold the PM and his buddies to, well, I can't even say low standards. Apparently you hold them to no standards.

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
That's not really what the issue is here.

It's was the beer and curry break against the rules at the time?
No, the issue for the PM was he had mislead about what happened, and everyone called for his head on that basis. Now we can prove Keir Starmer lied, but that is apparently different.
If it was Durham police will let us know. Then we may see a new leader of the opposition.
Interesting, why have you written 'may', is it because you believe he will find a way out of resigning if he has found to have broken the rules, but not been fined?

Top Bottom