Women's football success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If you care to look it up there's currently a load of articles celebrating the sports bra, and indeed Chloe Kelly's sports bra as a non sexual symbol of female athleticism and inclusion. The woman herself has said she intends to frame it, along with the rest of her kit. It's good to see it as something empowering I think.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well as men have bellies too, I thought maybe it was a non-gendered comment....

Yes, I understand your reasoning…. ;)

BoldonLad

If you care to look it up there's currently a load of articles celebrating the sports bra, and indeed Chloe Kelly's sports bra as a non sexual symbol of female athleticism and inclusion. The woman herself has said she intends to frame it, along with the rest of her kit. It's good to see it as something empowering I think.

Indeed, I dare say the logo owner is quite pleased too, it is even showing on the BBC website. ;)

matticus

Guru
And where did I say that it did..??

But being female might give me just a tad more insight into how it feels to be female in a world still full of men thinking they can say whatever the hell they like about females, or their bodies..

And seeming to have almost zero concern as to how any of those things might affect how we feel .

You didn't - you just assumed it, and make judgements on male comments accordingly.
You assume that because your assessment of a tweet - or a forum post - differs from the bloke making it, that he has "almost no concern" for those things.

Just my opinion of course - based on what I read here. Maybe I've TOTALLY misjudged you - hey-ho, we all make mistakes!👍 x

mudsticks

Squire
You didn't - you just assumed it, and make judgements on male comments accordingly.
You assume that because your assessment of a tweet - or a forum post - differs from the bloke making it, that he has "almost no concern" for those things.

Just my opinion of course - based on what I read here. Maybe I've TOTALLY misjudged you - hey-ho, we all make mistakes!👍 x

Well your reading (and comprehension) skills might need a bit of an upgrade..

You're projecting a lot of 'assumptions' onto me.

But that's 'Just in my opinion' too.

Whadeva though, I feel this 'discussion' has gone way beyond pointless waste of energy, and time, so I'm happy to leave it there too.

This 'football thread' certainly seems to have more legs than t'other one anyhow..

BoldonLad

Well your reading (and comprehension) skills might need a bit of an upgrade..

You're projecting a lot of 'assumptions' onto me.

But that's 'Just in my opinion' too.

Whadeva though, I feel this 'discussion' has gone way beyond pointless waste of energy, and time, so I'm happy to leave it there too.

This 'football thread' certainly seems to have more legs than t'other one anyhow..

Let me guess… could that be because it is not about football?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
He reduced a pivotal moment in women's sport to an underwear joke.

The pivotal moment in women's sport being the moment a sportswoman took her shirt off to reveal her bra?
Surely some mistake?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Why suggest the pivotal moment was the shirt removal then? You just sound like another poster making light of an incredible achievement for women, Fozy. Or, like Gary, you're not a very skilled poster of jokes.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Why suggest the pivotal moment was the shirt removal then?
I've no idea why you suggested it.

Whether any of it was 'pivotal' is something that will be established only with hindsight - weren't people saying the same sort of thing about the 2012 Olympics: look how inclusive, confident, progressive comfortable in our own multi-ethinc skin we British are. Then UKIP, Brexit, Johnson..

Perhaps the shirt taker-offer (Kelly was it?) could be asked why she felt such a pivotal moment merited the gesture.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Why suggest the pivotal moment was the shirt removal then? You just sound like another poster making light of an incredible achievement for women, Fozy. Or, like Gary, you're not a very skilled poster of jokes.
I thought his comment was harmlessly sarcastic and quite apt because just about every newspaper and internet media report showed that photograph of Kelly, while there were 20+ other English players running around celebrating, making the moment all about her and her form of celebration. The media made it about Kelly and her bra and Lineker just jumped on the bandwagon in his usual puerile, look-at-me manner.

Top Bottom