Women's football success

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Kelly's Heroes is the obvious one but it's a bit hackneyed and I feel it doesn't quite capture the whole experience.

Milkfloat

Kellys mål var väldigt bra....

'Bra'vo

matticus

Guru
Kelly's Heroes is the obvious one but it's a bit hackneyed and I feel it doesn't quite capture the whole experience.

Is that what they're calling her boobies now? I don't think you can tweet that Jim, please put some thought into these things :angry:

matticus

Guru
Nobody suggested banning anything..

Stop claiming you or anyone else is some kind of repressed victim of censorship, in all this..
People are just asking, and expecting a bit more forethought from a TV pundit given the circumstances.

Love it. "repressed victim of censorship" - classic culture war jargon, well played!

'Gary' thought of it, thought about it, then tweeted it. He used his judgement (as nothing is banned, right?)

SO, simple question: can pundits make jokes about bras, or not? Allowed - or banned not allowed?

mudsticks

Squire
Love it. "repressed victim of censorship" - classic culture war jargon, well played!

'Gary' thought of it, thought about it, then tweeted it. He used his judgement (as nothing is banned, right?)

SO, simple question: can pundits make jokes about bras, or not? Allowed - or banned not allowed?
You're the one claiming that things are being banned..
Claiming that you or others are being 'censored'

Talk about hyperbole

Seems we have another context or nuance free zone..

How about a less simplistic, more real world question, or three even.

Could pundits possibly think a bit harder as to whether or not their language is helpful or not helpful.

And if they've made a misjudgement, and been informed it's not helpful, could they just simply apologise, think about it, and try to do better in future.??

Or is that just wayy too much to expect,??

matticus

Guru
Seems we have another context or nuance free zone..

How about a less simplistic, more real world question, or three even.

Could pundits possibly think a bit harder as to whether or not their language is helpful or not helpful.

And if they've made a misjudgement, and been informed it's not helpful, could they just simply apologise, think about it, and try to do better in future.??

Yeah, of course people with millions of followers should think before they post. I'm not going to defend all sexist/racist/aggresive "banter" or such-like.

But I'm not seeing the harm here. Plenty of people - male and female - agree. At some point you have to accept that harmless jokes WILL be made on the internet. You - and your fellow "feminazi mobsters" - declaring them "not helpful" doesn't mean anyone has to apologise. No-one has a duty to further your cause(s) with everything they say, and some things can't be categorised as either "helpful or not helpful".

Being female doesn't give you any special authority over everything said about females.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Which experience are you referring to?

mudsticks

Squire
Yeah, of course people with millions of followers should think before they post. I'm not going to defend all sexist/racist/aggresive "banter" or such-like.

But I'm not seeing the harm here. Plenty of people - male and female - agree. At some point you have to accept that harmless jokes WILL be made on the internet. You - and your fellow "feminazi mobsters" - declaring them "not helpful" doesn't mean anyone has to apologise. No-one has a duty to further your cause(s) with everything they say, and some things can't be categorised as either "helpful or not helpful".

Being female doesn't give you any special authority over everything said about females.

And where did I say that it did..??

But being female might give me just a tad more insight into how it feels to be female in a world still full of men thinking they can say whatever the hell they like about females, or their bodies..

And seeming to have almost zero concern as to how any of those things might affect how we feel .

Especially of course, when those feelings are up against the 'rights' of guys to bantz about bras or breasts or whatever.

People are still free to care, or to not care, to apologise or not apologise.

We can also choose, to draw our own conclusions from those free choices made, and the people making them.

Top Bottom