What Do We Think So Far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm also finding it quite funny that they still talk about us terrible lot, and our terrible opinions, over in the other place.

They're so glad we've gone, us 'usual suspects' but still they can't help sneaking a peak just to confirm how terrible we all truly are..

Better keep up with the average work chaps.. :okay:

At least maintain the pretence of being at each others throats, all the long day (and night)

No outbreaks of endless niceness, or cordial relations, now, such as is always to be found in the principal chamber.
We're living rent free in their heads, as I think the kids are saying these days.

mudsticks

Squire
Oh, that! For a moment I thought you were saying someone over there had a bigger arse. Not possible, just not possible. :biggrin:

Woof! :tongue:

Woof to you too.

Although tbh I'm more of a cat person..

But is anywhere a 'monstrous @rse' free zone these days.??

They seem to be just about everywhere, and to be clear, I'm not referring to those in possession of an ample derrière ...:blush:

mjr

So we've been going something like 6 weeks and on to page 2 of threads. Certainly some - too many - spats and insults but it's not got out of hand and threads draw to a conclusion or fade out rather than being pulled just when they get interesting.

Quite a few have gone off on tangents before (mostly) returning to the subject at hand. Is this a problem?

What do others think?
We are living on borrowed time until someone really tries to disrupt it.

If we built houses like this site, woodpeckers would destroy civilisation eventually.

mudsticks

Squire
We are living on borrowed time until someone really tries to disrupt it.

If we built houses like this site, woodpeckers would destroy civilisation eventually.

Oh don't, I already have an infestation of overly vociferous buzzards, and 'too loud' owls. :sad:

There is one woodpecker here who really seems to have it in for that particular telegraph pole in the hedge..

Should I be worried that (s)he is just the vanguard of a plague of the hammery little feckers ??:eek:

mudsticks

Squire
Not unless your house is wood or you rely on the wires on that pole.

Both :eek:

• Wow
Reactions: mjr

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Looks like the thread over there ridiculing, sorry discussing, this place has been removed.

Not sure if they all fell out before that happened.

As others have said, the notion that the rest of CC is all now sweetness and light is cobblers.
Bugger - missed it.

Oh well, sod them, bloody cyclists. ;)

mudsticks

Squire
Not unless your house is wood or you rely on the wires on that pole.

Bizarrely literally just after I posted about the woodpecker pole, the electric pole replacement guys turned up for a recce.

Apparently they're all being replaced, next week except for Woodies one, because that particular one has been 'adopted' by BT..

Oh OK...:wacko:

Still, good to hear that his home has been saved for now..

Oh and what happened to the thread at the other place, that was complaining about this place ??

It didn't become 'over heated' did it??:eek:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Bizarrely literally just after I posted about the woodpecker pole, the electric pole replacement guys turned up for a recce.

Apparently they're all being replaced, next week except for Woodies one, because that particular one has been 'adopted' by BT..

Oh OK...:wacko:

Still, good to hear that his home has been saved for now..

Oh and what happened to the thread at the other place, that was complaining about this place ??

It didn't become 'over heated' did it??:eek:

Yes, it would appear they managed to get it closed down.

Don't know how they did it, I didn't see any posts from "us uncivilised lot", but, they appear to have raided the "snide comments" box and got it closed all by themselves.

What initiative. ;).

mudsticks

Squire
Yes, it would appear they managed to get it closed down.

Don't know how they did it, I didn't see any posts from "us uncivilised lot", but, they appear to have raided the "snide comments" box and got it closed all by themselves.

What initiative. ;).

To be fair..
I think I might have been there..

And made an (hilarious) aside about the little yellow bear being allowed a go on the swings in the playground ..

Or not

I might not have done that..

And of course , now there's no way of knowing..

Whether I did...

Or no :wacko:

classic33

To be fair..
I think I might have been there..

And made an (hilarious) aside about the little yellow bear being allowed a go on the swings in the playground ..

Or not

I might not have done that..

And of course , now there's no way of knowing...

Whether I did...

Or no :wacko:
There's is.

Top Bottom