What Do We Think So Far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
How about the obvious?

Less immigration.
Jobs for local people.
Not giving money to Brussels.
Border control.

You know full well what many people voted leave for and whether the reasons are justified or not we don't care!

Pick holes in the reasons all you like, it doesn't matter we're still out!

Nice rant but nothing to do with this thread, is it?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Apologies then, you certainly didn't make it clear the people were self confessed disilusionaries.

There really is no debate to be had from my point of view really, things may improve or they may not.

Why do feel you need to be told the reason's, which people have given already, and have to debate it?

My Arse isn't fat by the way 😉
Apology accepted Shep - what I said made sense to me, sorry it didn't communicate better.

I guess I've always thought the only way disagreements get sorted out in a civilised way is by talking them through, mutual understanding, reaching an agreement or agreeing to disagree. Otherwise we'd still all be hitting each other with rocks. Think I'm OK with agreeing to disagree for now.

And my own arse is so catastrophically enormous it blocks out the sun. :tongue:

Banderill

It seems to be going okay. It hasn't imploded yet, which is encouraging.

Yes, “could do better”, but, on balance, not too bad, is my view. Could do with a few more contributors IMHO.
That should be an easy fix - start more threads. Don't be afraid to have a thread die a death or be ignored or be seen as uninteresting, just start it anyway and see what happens. We've probably all got a few threads we could start on topics that are currently occupying our thoughts, just go for it! You've got nothing to lose.

As regards content on here, it seems to me 'news' is still often allowed in Cafe in the other place which is holding this place back - the Baldwin shooting being the latest example.
So why hasn't anyone started a thread here? The board has news in its name, and it's all over the news. In fact, it's a pretty broad brush if you go for anything that is news, current affairs or politics. Lots of scope for all manner of threads, just needs people to step out of the shadows and start new threads on things that are of interest to them right now. I don't recall seeing any limitations on what can be posted here regarding the news?

More members of any persuasion would be good, but it appears a few of the more active posters in the old NACA are determined not to come across - they did the same with the previous separate news board.
Why should that limit discussion here? There are 100 members which should be plenty for a good range of chats. Maybe some people are just waiting to see what happens and whether this becomes and interesting and informative place to chat?

As several of us pointed out in the thread discussing it over there, the distinction that Shaun and the mods want to make was never really "politics" v "not politics", it was "controversy" v "not controversy". They seem happy to let threads run over there that are clearly NACA as long as no one starts expressing challenging opinions.
I don't think they can be moved over here like before, so it is probably up to members here to start such threads and maybe that will bring people over without anyone having to do much of anything?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It seems to be going okay. It hasn't imploded yet, which is encouraging.

That should be an easy fix - start more threads. Don't be afraid to have a thread die a death or be ignored or be seen as uninteresting, just start it anyway and see what happens. We've probably all got a few threads we could start on topics that are currently occupying our thoughts, just go for it! You've got nothing to lose.

So why hasn't anyone started a thread here? The board has news in its name, and it's all over the news. In fact, it's a pretty broad brush if you go for anything that is news, current affairs or politics. Lots of scope for all manner of threads, just needs people to step out of the shadows and start new threads on things that are of interest to them right now. I don't recall seeing any limitations on what can be posted here regarding the news?

Why should that limit discussion here? There are 100 members which should be plenty for a good range of chats. Maybe some people are just waiting to see what happens and whether this becomes and interesting and informative place to chat?

I don't think they can be moved over here like before, so it is probably up to members here to start such threads and maybe that will bring people over without anyone having to do much of anything?

Sorry, I was not clear.

When I said “contributors”, I meant people posting a view, regardless of if they started the thread, or not.
I am amazed to hear there are 100 members (I hadn’t checked), again, I haven’t counted, but, my guess is <25 have posted anything, and <15 have posted regularly.
In short, I fear, we lack variety.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
You asked for other's to be added?

I didn't, you've misread my post (as well as Xipe Totec's).

I was discussing the merits of giving a supporting explanation to a position on any given topic. I offered one benefit and said others could be added. You then responded to something you thought I'd written.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I've been around the NACA block too many times to fall for the benefits of Brexit question.

It's baiting, nothing else.

Fine if someone wants to play, but I don't.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Did I not then add what I think would be a benefit?

A benefit of what, exactly?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Here we go again!

BREXIT, was this not the subject in question?

What benefits were you referring to?

I have literally just explained that:
I was discussing the merits of giving a supporting explanation to a position on any given topic.

I made no mention of Brexit, you've inferred that all by yourself.

The subject in question is "What do we think so far?", referring to this new NACA forum.

mudsticks

Squire
I'm also finding it quite funny that they still talk about us terrible lot, and our terrible opinions, over in the other place.

They're so glad we've gone, us 'usual suspects' but still they can't help sneaking a peak just to confirm how terrible we all truly are..

Better keep up with the average work chaps.. :okay:

At least maintain the pretence of being at each others throats, all the long day (and night)

No outbreaks of endless niceness, or cordial relations, now, such as is always to be found in the principal chamber.

Top Bottom