War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Same old tired dog with the same tired old bone....

You would be happy to see Russia overrun Ukraine and its neighbours? Allow it's soldiers to rape abuse and kill the citizens of a free and democratic country(s) Subject those that survive or cannot flee to an oppressive totalitarian regime?

You would have preferred that the Nazi regime was allowed to dominate Europe and slaughter a few more Jews in the process.

You'll be happy to let China walk into Taiwan unopposed of course....

I'll take your answer to be yes, you'd be up for all of that...
Send them arms and bombs....the more the merrier.
What we going to do when they run out of people ?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Send them arms and bombs....the more the merrier.
What we going to do when they run out of people ?

They are not merely "running out of people", they are being killed as a result of Russia's aggression and territorial ambitions.

Foolish people, why don't they just hand over the Donbas region, and any other regions of the country they may want, to Russia?

D

Deleted member 49

Foolish people, why don't they just hand over the Donbas region, and any other regions of the country they may want, to Russia?
Who said that ? Oh it was you....because I don't remember anyone else really saying that.
Did Corbyn not call for peaceful negotiations and deescalation.Or are you for the last man standing and arm then to the hilt ?
More arms isn't the solution.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Who said that ? Oh it was you....because I don't remember anyone else really saying that.
Did Corbyn not call for peaceful negotiations and deescalation.Or are you for the last man standing and arm then to the hilt ?

Do you think Zelensky has never thought of that, or other politicians, actually in power, have not raised it with him in their discussions, and not just in self-serving soundbites to a Russia friendly TV channel? It takes two sides to start negotiations and Russia are not interested, at least not until they have strengthened their grip on Ukraine's territory. As far as I can see the negotiations will almost certainly entail Zelensky accepting that Russia has authority over part of Ukraine. He cannot really defeat Russia but he knows Russia will only start negotiating when the invasion is costing them too much militarily.

It was ironic that Corbyn also said this, well almost: “I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that my clearly stated support for the right of Palestinian Ukrainian people to be able to live in peace free from occupation, free from being under siege as in Gaza Mariupol/Kharkiv, and for those living in refugee camps … played a factor in all this"

D

Deleted member 49

Out of interest, where do we think Corbyn would have stood in 1936 when Hitler and Mussolini were bombing civilians in Spain? For or against the International Brigades?
I mean you weren't really asking me that was you...it sounds like something out of the Mail 🙄

D

Deleted member 49

It was ironic that Corbyn also said this, well almost: “I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that my clearly stated support for the right of Palestinian Ukrainian people to be able to live in peace free from occupation, free from being under siege as in Gaza Mariupol/Kharkiv, and for those living in refugee camps … played a factor in all this"
Should we arm Palestine ?

I mean you weren't really asking me that was you...it sounds like something out of the Mail 🙄

I’m not trying to catch anyone out. It was a genuine question, asked because I don’t know the answer. What do you or others think?

With what does Ukraine or anyone else negotiate with?
We've been peacefully negotiating with Russia for decades and been taken for fools.
Putin only understands and wants one thing, and that's power. If you want to negotiate with him you have to give him more of what he wants. The more power he has, the more freedom to get away with what he wants because the democratic world doesn't have the balls to stand up to him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom