The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
How about just 'Sunak', if 'that glassy-eyed shortarse tax-dodging billionaire with the weird trousers' is a bit of a mouthful?

Hurrah!, I am not the only one who noticed that ;)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The fact that it can be so easily and obviously interpreted as racist ought to be enough to give anyone pause for thought. And we know that there are sections of the Tory electorate who regard a white person born overseas as more British (English even) than a Brown person born in Hampshire.

It's worth noting that Campbell Bannerman was born in Bombay, not Mumbai.

I think just the word "electorate" would be more accurate. Just IMHO, of course.

D

Deleted member 49

Always has been, but it's the only difference I could see.
No I just wondered why it was mentioned...as in is it meant to be derogatory to use the wrong name ?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Sorry whats the big deal ?

You can't disregard the effects of colonialism when discussing nationality, ethnicity and identity, that of people of white British heritage born in former Empire countries, and people of Indian heritage born in England.

D

Deleted member 49

You can't disregard the effects of colonialism when discussing nationality, ethnicity and identity, that of people of white British heritage born in former Empire countries, and people of Indian heritage born in England.
Fair enough but easy mistake as it would of been Bombay when he was born ?

Top Bottom