The Dishi-Rishi thread....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

Blimey, that was quick!
I copied from here which I hadn't realised was not a praecy from Wiki, (which I always assumed these were). Every day's a school day on NACA...

So who writes this then? Somebody from Google?

David Campbell Bannerman
Former Member of the European Parliament

Description​

David Campbell Bannerman is a British Conservative Party politician who served as Member of the European Parliament for the East of England from 2009 to 2019. He is currently Chairman of The Freedom Association. Wikipedia
Born: 28 May 1960 (age 62 years), Mumbai, India
Books: Time to Jump: A Positive Vision of a Britain Outside of the EU and in EEA Lite, MORE
Party: Conservative Party
Previous office: Member of the European Parliament (2009–2019)
Education: University of Pennsylvania, The University of Edinburgh
Leader: Nigel Farage; The Lord Pearson of Rannoch; Nigel Farage

mudsticks

Squire
SOOOORY. I just recycled a used and abused press moniker for lightweight fun....
The topic is miserable enough.
Hmmn 'could do better'

All the Tory wimmin got pretty miserable thread titles, justifiably so perhaps..

I'm sure the last thing you'd wish to be accused of is gender bias. :whistle:

According to some sources he may at least not be quite so dreadful* as Truss on issues environmental .

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-sunak-rebuild-green-agenda-torn-up-liz-truss
*Low bar to jump I know.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Hmmn 'could do better'

All the Tory wimmin got pretty miserable thread titles, justifiably so perhaps..

If I could have at the time, I surely would have.
Feel free to submit options, just for fun....

Ian H

Guru
Hmmn 'could do better'

According to some sources he may at least not be quite so dreadful* as Truss on issues environmental .

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-sunak-rebuild-green-agenda-torn-up-liz-truss
*Low bar to jump I know.
I think one could allow there's a certain amount of irony in thus monikering a little man with expensively terrible dress-sense (why does he always look as though he's dressed in a hand-me-down school uniform?). Perhaps @mudsticks would come over all motherly and and clasp him to her bosom (assuming he was standing on a box, Roy Rogers style).

mudsticks

Squire
If I could have at the time, I surely would have.
Feel free to submit options, just for fun....

Sorry - all out of hilarity right now -

It is rather hard to mix 'fun puns' with the depressing prospect of 'more of the same' only in a different suit, facing us.. :sad:

Plus it would hopelessly distract from already drear Monday afternoon admin tasks - i really don't need any encouragement on that front :blink:

mudsticks

Squire
I think one could allow there's a certain amount of irony in thus monikering a little man with expensively terrible dress-sense (why does he always look as though he's dressed in a hand-me-down school uniform?). Perhaps @mudsticks would come over all motherly and and clasp him to her bosom (assuming he was standing on a box, Roy Rogers style).
The slightly too tight - short trousered style is all the rage with the young things nowadays apparently -
So Mr Sunak should probs leave that well alone.

i have to say 'clasping' would be fairly low down the list of my preferred actions in his presence - but anyway - I'd better say no more in case i do ever get called in for an audience - and have to be reasonably civil at some point :whistle:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I don't think those kind of people are capable of that level of subtlety. Regardless of how awful Sunak will be as PM, the only reason Truss won is that Sunak is brown.

I'm also convinced that if Mordaunt makes it to the 100 backers and it goes to the membership, Sunak will lose again, because he is brown.

None of that makes him a good prospect for PM. They're orthogonal issues.

Tbf, given the history of the whiteness (and male-ness) of the leadership of the Labour party, its supporters have nothing to crow about.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

There was the socks and sliders moment as well....
Unforgiveable.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru

It is rather hard to mix 'fun puns' with the depressing prospect of 'more of the same' only in a different suit, facing us.. :sad:

Plus it would hopelessly distract from already drear Monday afternoon admin tasks - i really don't need any encouragement on that front :blink:

I hear you Mudsticks, you're not alone....

Ian H

Guru

Laugh or cry. There's plenty of sh*t still to wade through.

Top Bottom