Rwanda - quite a nice place, perhaps?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I'm sure Rwanda is a splendid place to visit if you are an affluent tourist

Whereas the UK is a great place if you’re an effluent tourist.

OP
OP
matticus

matticus

Guru
today Rwanda
tomorrow Gaza
Next Tuesday - Eastern Ukraine

You see - The British are all powerful and will solve the problems of the whole World

or are they just kicking the can down the road so that we reach the next election and it is all still tied up in various places and they can say it isn;t their fault

Thankyou for reviving my beloved thread, but I do somewhat resent - and dispute - this comment.
It is not "The British" trying to change laws; it is a small group of wealthy mates who happen to be in power for a couple of years. Very few "British" people want this.

All uphill

Thankyou for reviving my beloved thread, but I do somewhat resent - and dispute - this comment.
It is not "The British" trying to change laws; it is a small group of wealthy mates who happen to be in power for a couple of years. Very few "British" people want this.

True.

That's first past the post for you.

ebikeerwidnes

Sorry - it was sarcastic - maybe should have made it clearer

I was just trying to point out the stupidity of the concept that passing a law can make a difference as to whether or not a place is safe
as if another country will just change to make "our" will come true!

In reality they just need the flights to start because they have promised it and can;t go back on that

Maybe they will just do stuff which gets appealed and then trigger an election - at which point they can say they are NEARLY there - knowing that the will loose and not have to do anything else about it

and Rwanda just takes the money and laughs!

Rwanda want to maintain their sovereignty shock.

IMG_4075.jpeg

https://inews.co.uk/news/politics/t...an-to-sign-rwanda-treaty-hit-by-delay-2778430

ebikeerwidnes

Maybe we just need to pay them more money

however, not sure how it works in Rwanda - but in this country we could potentially sign a deal to take deportees from another country
and include all this legal stuff

and then when someone - i.e. the country exporting them to us - tries to enforce it then goes up to the Supreme court who say that the deal was not legal under our law

wouldn;t that be a shame if it happened to out new treaty in Rwanda

But I'm sure someone in No. 10 has all that worked out

But I'm sure someone in No. 10 has all that worked out

I have little doubt that we are witnessing a master class in four dimensional backgammon.

ebikeerwidnes

That is just being negative

we need people that see solutions not problems

All we need is a quick bill to state that Rwanda has a coastline and a deep water port and we are all good

and there is a ship easily available - they are already living on it!!!!

see solutions present themselves if you give them a chance!!!!

CXRAndy

Veteran
UK poll

In 516 of the 575 constituencies in England and Wales, removal without appeal was the most popular option. In 392 of those constituencies, removal without appeal attracted more support than the other two alternatives combined. An outright majority of voters back removal without appeal in 111 constituencies.

Top Bottom