Russel Brand seems to have an situation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What do the normal. everyday tin foil hatters say?

I don't have a tin-foil hat, so I'm not sure if I'm really qualified to say that Brand is a preening, narcissistic populist who will do or say just about anything for attention.

To be honest I'd forgotten he existed until this thread popped back up.

Milzy

I don't have a tin-foil hat, so I'm not sure if I'm really qualified to say that Brand is a preening, narcissistic populist who will do or say just about anything for attention.

To be honest I'd forgotten he existed until this thread popped back up.

He is absolutely unhinged. Clever yes but massively unhinged.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Reported that he has now found god. As if we didn’t know it already, the man is a complete charlatan. He’s spent years criticising religion.

I was sceptical but it's true apparently. I had been expecting him to start his own religion tbh.

GNEk124XsAEBLaC.jpeg

That's a helluva tattoo the Holy Spirit's got on his back.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I was sceptical but it's true apparently. I had been expecting him to start his own religion tbh.

View attachment 5868

That's a helluva tattoo the Holy Spirit's got on his back.

Is Bear Grylls still Chief Scout? I'm quite uncomfortable with that relationship and the message it might send to young people.

icowden

Legendary Member
Is Bear Grylls still Chief Scout? I'm quite uncomfortable with that relationship and the message it might send to young people.

Yes he is. He is also an ardent Christian and promotes the "Alpha" course (essentially an evangelical style cultish brainwashing course which is pushed heavily now by the C of E).

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes he is. I knew he was Christian too but hadn't realised he was river baptism stylee. Don't know if his beliefs are mainstream or not. Haven't really kept up with Brand. Perhaps the churchy stuff is a sign of a move back to the mainstream.

IC beat me to it. Didn't realise BG was Alpha Course inclined. The beliefs in it are regular C of E but it does have an evangelical bent that I'm not too keen on. Our local church promotes it and it's very happy clappy, calling on the Holy Spirit type worship.

Anyway, genuine conversion or not, it's a handy way of rehabilitating your reputation.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
A bunch of charlatans having a cuddle in a river. Lovely.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
What has Grylls done wrong? What message might this send that concerns you?

That depends on your views regarding forgiveness and atonement, role modeling and the Scout promise and law I suppose.

But he's not John the Baptist and that's not the river Jordan. It's creepy and weird, like Brand himself.

Last edited:

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Grylls will have been his sponsor and the tattooed guy the pastor/vicar. I don't mind the river thing. It's the evangelical thing about getting back to basics rather than the symbolism of a font baptism. Probably wouldn't pick the Thames but at least it's clean nowadays and there's less chance of a sanitary towel or curly poo being stuck to your forehead when they pull you up from the dip.

I'm not up to speed with Brand's legal situation but it feels very like an ongoing attempt to rehabilitate himself.

Grylls will have been his sponsor and the tattooed guy the pastor/vicar. I don't mind the river thing. It's the evangelical thing about getting back to basics rather than the symbolism of a font baptism. Probably wouldn't pick the Thames but at least it's clean nowadays and there's less chance of a sanitary towel or curly poo being stuck to your forehead when they pull you up from the dip.

I'm not up to speed with Brand's legal situation but it feels very like an ongoing attempt to rehabilitate himself.

For his baptism I'd have expected a Brooky-wook....

Top Bottom